AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Triumphgt6er Avatar
Triumphgt6er Jim Snell
Cave Creek, AZ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Bubbles"
In reply to # 1538511 by Tonyfixit
It seems to me that listing is just for webbing and some components?

A DIY kit to make seatbelts?

What exactly did you get?

Not sure I'm following you. The link I posted goes to an auction for the H1 belts (it's over now, but you can still see the full listing). Here's a picture of the belts from the ad which are exactly what I put in my car. Nothing "kit like" about it.

Edit: I guess you do have to supply the mounting bolts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-05 08:12 PM by Triumphgt6er.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
belts.jpg    32.3 KB
belts.jpg

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
Humm, this is the pic I get.

I am VERY interested in what you got. Can you give me the total length of the reciver from bolt hole to clasp top?

Attachments:
s-l300.jpeg    8.2 KB
s-l300.jpeg

kayjh Joel K
Winnipeg, MB, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1538515 by Triumphgt6er

Not sure I'm following you. The link I posted goes to an auction for the H1 belts (it's over now, but you can still see the full listing). Here's a picture of the belts from the ad which are exactly what I put in my car. Nothing "kit like" about it.

Any chance you can post pictures of these belts installed in your car? Thanks, Joel

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DeepSix Avatar
DeepSix Silver Member Paul Vovk
Omaha, NE, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "DeepSix"
Thanks to this discussion, I ordered a pair this morning for $31.09 including shipping.

2 X NEW Military M998 HUMVEE 3 Point Seat Belt H1 Key Safety Systems
eBay #312153544229

Triumphgt6er Avatar
Triumphgt6er Jim Snell
In reply to # 1538593 by kayjh
In reply to # 1538515 by Triumphgt6er

Any chance you can post pictures of these belts installed in your car? Thanks, Joel

Sorry....my car is in pieces right now!

donrissa Avatar
donrissa Don G
Coventry, RI, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Elsie"
I have 3 sets of these to sell ( didn't have readers on when ordering smiling smiley ). They look good (my interior is in pieces so I can't photo installed ). 24 plus shipping per pair - that's what I paid. I can return but want see if you guys want any. You have to source your own bolts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-07 05:26 PM by donrissa.

YankeeTR5 Dan M
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Hi Don,

Sent you a PM. I'll take a pair.

All the best...Dan

maxd Avatar
maxd Bill D
Fort Pierce, FL, USA   USA
Has anyone done a write up or some pictures of the best way to install the HumVee belts?
Bill

smaceng Avatar
smaceng Scott Macdonald
Martinez, CA, USA   USA
I'm going to put mine in in a couple of days....will let you know.
Scott in CA

Triumphgt6er Avatar
Triumphgt6er Jim Snell
In reply to # 1540325 by maxd Has anyone done a write up or some pictures of the best way to install the HumVee belts?
Bill

For the most part, it's exactly the same as how the stock belts install. If I recall correctly, there's a small tab on the back of the belt retractor (maybe 1/4 inch at most) that i lopped off. May have added a washer here or there to get the guide on the wheel arch to swivel. If you have original belts/mounting hardware it should be pretty easy. If you don't have that, let me know and I can take pics of what i have (it's all in bags off the car now, but can take them out and grab some pics).

maxd Avatar
maxd Bill D
Fort Pierce, FL, USA   USA
I have what I think are the original seat belts in the car now.

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
I would consider these belts for my Spitfire. The reciver strap needs to be very short.

Can somebody give the length from the bolt hole to the reciver buckle for me.

Attachments:
IMG_20180613_073711.jpg    17.7 KB
IMG_20180613_073711.jpg

Triumphgt6er Avatar
Triumphgt6er Jim Snell
In reply to # 1540362 by maxd I have what I think are the original seat belts in the car now.

It should be pretty straight-forward then. If you do end up with questions, PM me!

YankeeTR5 Dan M
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
I bought a pair of Don's spares. He shipped them right away and we (my...in five days turning 16...son and I) had them installed within a couple of hours. They install quick - about five minutes per side.

The set Don sent me came well packaged - if these are surplus they've got a long shelf life ahead of them
I had a complete set of the factory TR seatbelt bolts and spacer/washers on one side and the other had stacked thick washers. I'll be tracking down the factory washer/spacers as they make things work better, in particular on the shoulder pivot.

The "receiver end" is a bit more "plasticky" looking then the factory piece. Its good enough for a Humvee, so there's that, but it does look inexpensive. It doesn't bother me in the least as its a reminder of what a smokin deal these things were. The TR receiver mechanism does not interchange with the belt end on the Humvee part, so no hope there.

The receiver end on the Humvee piece is 12 inches long, tip to tip. The TR factory receiver is approx. 14 inches, however its pretty near the same effective length as the TR piece has an angled rod to direct the receiver up and the receiver is larger than the Humvee's piece. The Humvee cable is more flexible and is "bent" to angle up. Line up the two receivers and the ends will line up but take different paths to get there if that makes sense. The receiver is easy to reach and positions itself to be at hand when needed so no complaints. Can't say if this will fit a Spitfire, but I'm guess it will - its a lot less bulky at the end then the TR piece.

All in all a great deal that serves its function well. For concourse folks this ain't your solution but for most others this will work. I needed new belts and wanted retractable since it was the lack of retraction that was causing my Kangols to constantly get tangled. I saw a set at one of the suppliers (retractable) for over $100 and then, same day I was looking these came up - delivered for $32 all in. Count me in as happy with the solution and for the two extra sets Don has, he's great to work with - grab 'em while they're there.

allzway Avatar
allzway James P
Paris, TX, USA   USA
I need a set if you still have them available. My car I am working has no belts.

James

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster