AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

donrissa Avatar
donrissa Don G
Coventry, RI, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Elsie"
Hi guys, very recent owner of a '74 Tr6. Pretty good driver as she sits but really needs new seatbelts. Seen moss ( beam/bean brand I believe ) and securon sets, which ones should I buy?
Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Gypsy Rose T..."
I think I went with the Securon belts: I am mostly happy with them, although they could have made the receiving end cables a few inches longer. For ANYONE with a TR6- or any antique car- Seatbelts DO have a finite lifespan, and are supposed to be replaced every few years (Though nobody ever does)... If you value your life, CHANGE THEM- even if they don't look 100% original. I wouldn't sweat the stitching and perfect correctness in favor of a flailed chest, or smashed head...

Scott

donrissa Avatar
donrissa Don G
Coventry, RI, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Elsie"
Thx, I just ordered them. It's unreal looking at all the parts available for this car, spent last bight building a shopping list smiling smiley.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
allzway Avatar
allzway James P
Paris, TX, USA   USA
Did these cars not come with seat belts? I just got my TR6 running and was driving around the neighborhood and realized this car has no seat belts at all and doesn't look like it ever did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 02:37 PM by allzway.

tomshobby Avatar
tomshobby Tom Smith
Windsor, WI, USA   USA
Yes they had belts when new. I posted on this subject with oics of my new belts on the BCF forum.

Tom Smith
1976 TR6
1974 Midget

Killick Avatar
Killick Mark A
Norwich, CT, USA   USA
In reply to # 1535228 by donrissa Thx, I just ordered them. It's unreal looking at all the parts available for this car, spent last bight building a shopping list smiling smiley.

Hey Don, I'm looking at a TR6 next Friday. I'm right down in Norwich Ct. We'll have to get together. Funny about the shopping list, so true!

donrissa Avatar
donrissa Don G
Coventry, RI, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Elsie"
Killick- which one are you looking at? I know there are a few in CT.

donrissa Avatar
donrissa Don G
Coventry, RI, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Elsie"
Received and returned the Securon inertia belts - didn't like overall fit and finish. As said the receiving end was much too short. I'll try the Beams from TRF I guess.

kayjh Joel K
Winnipeg, MB, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1537349 by donrissa Received and returned the Securon inertia belts - didn't like overall fit and finish. As said the receiving end was much too short. I'll try the Beams from TRF I guess.

Please let us know how you make out. I'm looking for a new set of seat belts for my 1976 as well. I'd like them to be as close to original as possible.

Triumphgt6er Avatar
Triumphgt6er Jim Snell
Cave Creek, AZ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Bubbles"
In reply to # 1535156 by donrissa Hi guys, very recent owner of a '74 Tr6. Pretty good driver as she sits but really needs new seatbelts. Seen moss ( beam/bean brand I believe ) and securon sets, which ones should I buy?
Thanks

Quite a number of us using seatbelts from an H1 Hummer. Sounds odd, but great fit, inexpensive and look pretty much as original. Paid about 30 for a set. Here's an example listing (same guy I bought from): https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-X-NEW-Military-M998-HUMVEE-3-Point-Seat-Belt-H1-Key-Safety-Systems-/142791212027?vxp=mtr&hash=item213f04fbfb

maxd Avatar
maxd Bill D
Fort Pierce, FL, USA   USA
I'm interested in the Humvee belts but there's enough listings to be confusing. Does anyone know which models work best?
Thanks,
Bill

donrissa Avatar
donrissa Don G
Coventry, RI, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Elsie"
Bill,i bought 4 of the m998's if they work out i'd be glad to sell you the other 2 for what I paid for them.

maxd Avatar
maxd Bill D
Fort Pierce, FL, USA   USA
Don,
Thanks, let me know how you like them and how much I owe you.
Bill

Triumphgt6er Avatar
Triumphgt6er Jim Snell
Cave Creek, AZ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Bubbles"
In reply to # 1538382 by maxd I'm interested in the Humvee belts but there's enough listings to be confusing. Does anyone know which models work best?
Thanks,
Bill
The link I provided above is the exact seller I bought mine from and exact ones. Looks like his prices came down a bit....geesh; I paid almost 30 for 2! Bargain at twice the price.

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1538445 by Triumphgt6er
In reply to # 1538382 by maxd I'm interested in the Humvee belts but there's enough listings to be confusing. Does anyone know which models work best?
Thanks,
Bill
The link I provided above is the exact seller I bought mine from and exact ones. Looks like his prices came down a bit....geesh; I paid almost 30 for 2! Bargain at twice the price.

It seems to me that listing is just for webbing and some components?

A DIY kit to make seatbelts?

What exactly did you get?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster