brake & clutch hydraulic clean up & upgrade

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

74Trix Mike G
Boulder, CO, USA   USA
upgraded to DOT 5 and refurbished brake booster, pedal box, clutch master & slave, stainless clutch line, goodrich stainless brake lines, TRW slotted and drilled front rotors. Seems to feel better on the road, but....maybe only in my mind justifying the cost! But the work is satisfying and cheaper than therapy.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170909_155710.jpg    39.5 KB
20170909_155710.jpg

20170909_161811.jpg    16.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20170909_160240.jpg    20.9 KB
20170910_172129.jpg    33.2 KB
j007 Avatar
j007 Joseph M
Madison, OH, USA   USA
Looks good, thought about switching to Dot 5 but stayed with original fluid.

Joe
73 Triumph TR6

trrdster Avatar
trrdster Wayne Tate
Spencer, NC, USA   USA
Good job, lots of work and rewarding finish.
Now we go stop, lets get the go.

Wayne
1970 TR6
2000 Jaguar XK8
1949 Triumph Roadster 2000
1978 Spitfire (rust victim)
1971 GT6 (tarp covered for 12 years, rusted inside out)
1980 Spitfire (getting all the good GT6 parts, all poly suspension and Spax shocks)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
74Trix Mike G
Boulder, CO, USA   USA
Sunday (4/16/18) drive in 70 degree weather, no dash, no gauges other than oil pressure, no interior other than drivers seat, rear lights on for brakes. Next step paint. Original color was maple brown, then red to the current rough green. Thinking red again, thoughts?

Attachments:
20180415_155451.jpg    43.9 KB
20180415_155451.jpg

Doubledroptop Avatar
Doubledroptop David Freet
Chandler, AZ, USA   USA
1971 Triumph TR6 "White Ghost"
I personally like to keep things as they were manufactured but it is your car and you need to make it something you will enjoy for years to come. If you go to shows do you want to blend in with the other red and green TRs or maybe be a little different with the maple color. Just my 2 cents.
Enjoy the Ride
Dave

HuffDaddy Avatar
HuffDaddy Scott H
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR6 "Huff Daddy"
Paint color choice is such an individual thing. Do what you want.

That said, while I love my Carmine red TR6, there are lots of red TR6s. I personally love the Mallard as it is fairly rare and is sharp. Also, I love red interior and that does not work with red paint. Just my 2cents.
Scott

74Trix Mike G
Boulder, CO, USA   USA
thanks for the thought, just so hard to "like" a brown car! Will be a semi-daily driver around town and mountain canyon runs. Had a Jasmine 69 and a signal red 69 and a white 73 in the 70's and 80's. Reliving my youth!

jordan k Jordan Kurtin
Toronto, ON, Canada   CAN
My vote on colour would be for the jasmine or one of the other yellows. Some thing different. the mallard is nice. But you are the one driving it

Jordan

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster