Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tpeddler Avatar
tpeddler Larry Tipton
Columbus, MT, USA   USA
I have a luggage rack on the back of my TR6 and looking for dimensions so I can have 2 made. If there is a supplier of pre made ones that would be great. Any help appreciated. Summer is coming and I am ready to get rid of the snow and get rolling.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
henkchroom Henk Jansen
Hengelo, Overijssel, Netherlands   NLD
The length of the straps depends on the dimensions of the suitcase.

Attachments:
IMG-20170605-WA0001.jpeg    57.9 KB
IMG-20170605-WA0001.jpeg

yankotriumph Avatar
yankotriumph Gold Member Jack Haas
Naples, FL, USA   USA
1960 Triumph TR3A "Love Bug"
1972 Triumph TR6
Is that an OEM luggage rack. Id like to get one for my 72 and I see a lot of styles.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
I belive the luggage racks were dealer fitted, like rear view mirrors, so you will see several styles fitted to our cars

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, MS, USA   USA
Or after market purchases from places like MG Mitten and Villem B. Hahn back in the day.

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1518708 by poolboy Or after market purchases from places like MG Mitten and Villem B. Hahn back in the day.

Or JC Whitney ;-)

Damson1971 Mike L
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
I would imagine any leather shop that makes belts could make you a set and put holes in it like a belt that could be adjusted. If you can't find one advertised, I'd imagine there might be at one at the next craft show or art show in your area.

rrblizard Bob Blizard
MA, Acton, USA   USA
1972 Triumph TR6 "Archie Da Triumph"
I'm facing this as well. My plan is to buy leather belting on Amazon, along with the necessary buckles, etc., and take the lot to my local shoe repair guy. Haven't decided whether to make a pair of super-long straps, or make each strap into a long end and a shorter one with the buckle. Have to search the web for some examples...

Bob Blizard

'72 TR6 CC782xx

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster