Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Wheel13 Mark W.
Los Angeles, CA, USA   USA
Hi All,

I was sad to read about the passing of Mr. van den Akker; I talked to him a couple of times on the phone and he was a class act. Does anyone know if his conversion business will carry on? Thanks.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dicta dick Taylor
Downey, Callifornia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1512185 by Wheel13 Hi All,

I was sad to read about the passing of Mr. van den Akker; I talked to him a couple of times on the phone and he was a class act. Does anyone know if his conversion business will carry on? Thanks.

Herman's wife, Helena, told me negotiations for the business are underway. I'm sure she will announce it when final.

Dick

Wheel13 Mark W.
Thank you Dan; appreciate it.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tr6easyrider Avatar
tr6easyrider Joe S
Riverside, CA, USA   USA
Who's Dan?

Wheel13 Mark W.
Duh. My bad.
Sorry. . . .

sixtynine Avatar
sixtynine mitch somethingorother
las vegas, NV, USA   USA
feature.vintagetriumphregister.org/awpcp/show-ad/?id=340

Wheel13 Mark W.
Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the link to VTR; I wasn't familiar with them. Do you or anyone else have that conversion? Happy with it?
Thanks again,
Mark

sixtynine Avatar
sixtynine mitch somethingorother
las vegas, NV, USA   USA
This is the one i wanted 3 years ago, seemed like an easier install. I called and the original developer had just sold his last kit. Said a machine shop nearby might take over. I ended up getting an A type.
Don't know anything about the new seller, if i didn't have the overdrive i'd be checking into it.
Theres' a lot of them out there.

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hsx/2011/09/Five-Alive/3702991.html

triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
1964 Triumph Sports 6 "Speed 6"
1968 Triumph TR250 "Gene"
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Ken"
1974 MG MGB GT "MiGiBiGiT"    & more
I tried to get in contact with her - no luck. Hopefully an enthusiast gets to carry it on.

Chad in Tulsa.

Wheel13 Mark W.
Hi Chad and Mitch,

Chad, I hope you're right! Mitch, I didn't even think about looking via google; just went straight to this forum. Thanks again!
-M

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, MS, USA   USA
Y'all should be a little more considerate and stop trying to question Herman's widow about the conversions..She's working things out and an announcement will be made once all is said and done.

tomshobby Avatar
tomshobby Tom Smith
Windsor, WI, USA   USA
In reply to # 1513009 by poolboy Y'all should be a little more considerate and stop trying to question Herman's widow about the conversions..She's working things out and an announcement will be made once all is said and done.

Exactly.

Tom Smith
1976 TR6
1974 Midget

johnstydo Avatar
johnstydo John Styduhar
Hermitage, PA, USA   USA
The Eagle Gate conversion that I bought from Bill Close before he sold out was poorly designed and I had to remake several of the parts in the kit to correctly install a Toyota 5 speed in my TR3B racer. The new owner is Mark Canaday at 785-234-2005 and he has modified the previous setup in several areas.

Wheel13 Mark W.
For the record, I did not, and won't, contact the family. I just thought someone here might have a personal relationship, and some insight.
Thanks.

Wheel13 Mark W.
John,

Great intel. Many thanks!
Best,
Mark

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1966 Triumph Spitfire MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links