AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, MS, USA   USA
Genoa Bay (Eric) try this:
With the hazard ("un"-illuminated) knob pulled out and the exterior bulbs flashing, see if the knob's bulb begins to flash if you flip the the turn indicator lever as if signalling for a turn.
You do have that spring compressed against the bulb, too, right ?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Lee75TR6 Lee Hager
Weston, FL, USA   USA
Appreciate your advice Eric...Going to try to address with all the feedback this weekend....

Again, Much Thanks,

Lee

Genoa Bay Eric Williamson
Genoa Bay, BC, Canada   CAN
Don’t really like piggybacking on Lee’s post, but maybe useful for someone searching in future.

Ken,
Ignition on or off hazards flash as they should, but the repeater bulb in the knob does not. The spring is exerting enough pressure.
With ignition on and hazards flashing the turn signals are inoperative.
With ignition on and hazards off turn signals work normally.
New hazard switch c/w multi connector block and new harness.
No great drama not having this indicator, but nice the have things working as intended.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Mine works the same way as you described, Eric, with the exception that in order to get the indicator bulb inside the knob to flash in sequence is if I flip the turn indicator lever.
I know that's not normal, but I was thinking maybe yours shared the same disorder.

Lee75TR6 Lee Hager
Weston, FL, USA   USA
You Guys Are Great!!!!

A Lot of info that is clear...I am on it ad will let all know....

Thank You All.

Lee

trrdster Avatar
trrdster Wayne Tate
Spencer, NC, USA   USA
Eric. the only thing not adding up is the ground wire coming off the bottom of the bulb. It's right in the middle of the switch but goes to the plug in like the rest. Pull the plug apart and see if you have continuity from that ground to frame, if so them possible the bulb is not getting a ground up at the screw in holder. If the hazard is working the power it going to the G/R and the G/W and that bulb is in the middle of the circuit, but needs a ground to blinky blink.

Wayne
1970 TR6
2000 Jaguar XK8
1949 Triumph Roadster 2000
1978 Spitfire (rust victim)
1971 GT6 (tarp covered for 12 years, rusted inside out)
1980 Spitfire (getting all the good GT6 parts, all poly suspension and Spax shocks)

Genoa Bay Eric Williamson
Genoa Bay, BC, Canada   CAN
Thanks Wayne. Had been thinking along the same lines, but was not sure if there might be a contact for this ground inside the switch.
Eric.

Lee75TR6 Lee Hager
Weston, FL, USA   USA
Eric and Wayne -

This may be the issue as the Bulb is good , Pressure is on the spring etc.

My question is can I just take a line from the Bulb holder and find a new clean ground and forget the Plug and Harness?

What do you think Guys?

Lee

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Those 2 guys are talking about the bulb inside the Red plastic Hazard switch which is supposed to come on when the hazard warning is activated...not the bulb in the rectangular fixture above the hazard switch which you wanted to illuminate when the lamps on gauges in the dash came on.
You need to check the bulb socket...See if you have power at the middle contact on the bottom of the socket and ground around the rim of the socket...As long as the bulb is good, it has to be one or the other that's keeping the bulb from glowing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-10 12:52 PM by poolboy.

Lee75TR6 Lee Hager
Weston, FL, USA   USA
Got it...TY and Follow....

Actually I have Both issues....The light they are talking about in the switch not flashing which I am now digging into and The one You and Others helped me with ( Rectangular One on Dash).
Fun, Fun, Fun.

Thanks Ken and ALL.

Lee

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sorry, Lee. I guess I got lost along the way because I thought it was only the lamp in the rectangular fixture that wasn't working.

Lee75TR6 Lee Hager
Weston, FL, USA   USA
Just wanted to wrap up this topic and let you All know that all resolved with most issues coming down to ground issues as well as an issue with the "New" hazard switch itself which was defective.....WOW...

But Thanks to All For all the great advice!!!!

Lee

Britnut Avatar
Britnut Randy DeRuiter
Nacogdoches, TX, USA   USA
Ed and Ken's feedback should get you there - it is just a normal dash illumination light for the rectangular Hazard marker light - trace the red/white wire to it to see if you have 12 volts, if so, trace the black ground wire to see if you are grounded.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster