AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dk pony Avatar
dk pony David C
MT Carmel, TN, USA   USA
1972 Triumph TR6 "Melvin"
Not that I am anywhere close to paint on my TR but recently I read that the TR6 had black painted rockers. I have never seen one that was painted this way.
I understand that all Tr6's got black on the rear but the rockers?
Thanks.

Dave

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
gbtr6 Perry Rondou
Titletown, WI, USA   USA
Yep, I have them on my 74, original from new. It is a type of undercoating. I freshen it up from time to time with rubberized undercoating.

Perry

poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, MS, USA   USA
That 'bed liner' aerosol does a good job.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dk pony Avatar
dk pony David C
MT Carmel, TN, USA   USA
1972 Triumph TR6 "Melvin"
Well, you learn something new every day. Maybe I just didn't notice the rocker panels.Thanks guys.

mhbva Avatar
mhbva Marc Botzin
Lorton, VA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR6 "Monty"
The actual product is body schutz. A rubberized, textured coating that is harder and more durable than undercoating and similar to truck bed liner but requires a special applicator gun similar to what is used to spray bed liner. Aerosol cans of bed liner leave a smoother finish than original, but it can be applied with a roller to get more texture. If I needed to do this job I would buy a can of bed liner and apply it with a foam roller.

Mikerla Avatar
Mikerla Gold Member Mike Ruoppoli
Pineville, LA, USA   USA
Not sure if its a good deal or not but comes with the gun. Foam roller and bed liner spray sounds like a great option also.

Body Shultz with gun.

Thanks,

Mike

72 TR6 - in the process of frame off resto
Planned:
HDVA conversion with R200 and RG's CVC axles
Miata seats

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster