Help me Obe-Wan you are my only hope

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

72tr6dallas Bruce Partlow
Dallas, TX, USA   USA
No I am not wearing cinnabons in my hair, because by now I would have pulled it out trying to find what seems to be impossible.

Recently I was "given" an original amco luggage rack for my TR6 when buying some other parts. I though this was great, a free luggage rack would be perfect addition to my restored 72 once its painted. The only glitch this this was that there was no mounting hardware, no problem I thought, someone must offer a mounting kit... nope, nada, thats the final answer.

What I am looking for is the plastic feet that slide on the metal feet and I think they have a rubber bottom, or a rubber piece is added. Which ever.

Anyone have any sources one might be able to source these mounting kits?

-Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Do you have a picture of what we may be looking for? Seems to me there were several style Amco luggage racks. Do you have the metal mounting feet but need the plastic "boot" that protects the paint from the metal foot. Maybe there was a rubber pad glued to the bottom of the boot? I'm thinking this may be an ideal part for 3D printing.

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Bruce, take a picture of the ends of your rack and whatever feet you have so we can better picture what you need. Is there a stud on the end of your rack bar with a ball on the end?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
trrdster Avatar
trrdster Wayne Tate
Spencer, NC, USA   USA
Bruce, Here is the guy, got it all.
jdeatsch@rochester.rr.com

Moss does sale a few bits and pieces.

Wayne
1970 TR6
2000 Jaguar XK8
1949 Triumph Roadster 2000
1978 Spitfire (rust victim)
1971 GT6 (tarp covered for 12 years, rusted inside out)
1980 Spitfire (getting all the good GT6 parts, all poly suspension and Spax shocks)

tapkaJohnD Avatar
tapkaJohnD John Davies
Lancaster, Lancashire, UK   GBR
Bruce,
Is it that you want the plastic covereings for the metal clips, that hold the rack to the boot cover?

You could look at this stuff: https://plastidip.com/

John

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster