AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Timothy2963 Avatar
Timothy2963 Timothy Fox
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia   AUS
Hello all,

I have purchased a new choke cable from Moss UK and while it's lovely it doesn't have the removable pull knob that the original had. While removing the original is relatively straightforward, as I can pull out the inner cable, undo the bezel on the cockpit side of the dash then withdraw the outer cable into the footwell, fitting the new cable is going to be a real challenge! I can undo the locknut which screws onto the back of the dash, slide the new cable into the hole in the dash, slip on the lock nut, put the cables through the firewall and get the cables to the fast-idle cam and the metering unit - BUT - how am I going to tighten up the lock nut on the back of the dash?!! Do I have to take the dash apart to do it? Any tips from others who have done the change over would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Tim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, MS, USA   USA
Can't you thread the nut until it contacts the back of the dash and then use the bezel to tighten things up ?

Timothy2963 Avatar
Timothy2963 Timothy Fox
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia   AUS
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the suggestion it got me thinking. I can thread the new cable assembly through the dash then use a box / tube spanner and thread it over the cables (with the nut in it) then screw the nut onto the thread to the point where I can then screw on the bezel and tighten both up against each other. I bet something will be in the way but I'll have a go later this week.

Thanks again for getting me thinking and wish me luck.

Cheers,

Tim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1980 Triumph TR7

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links