AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Installing door windows
  This topic is about my 1974 Triumph TR6
jtmjbda Jeff Chappell
Herriman, UT, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Mrs Thatcher"
After fitting new window channel felt and glazing strip, I'm trying to get the driver side window back on the regulator rollers, but haven't quite figured it out (should have paid closer attention when I removed the glass...) Bentley and Haynes are no help ("Installation is the reverse of removal"winking smiley. Maybe I need to loosen the bracket in the center of the door holding the regulator, which would yield some wiggle room. I've tried a couple angles with the glass itself, but keeping the glass in the channels limits what I can do.

I know someone out there has dealt with this, so I would greatly appreciate the benefit of you experience.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Jeff

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
gr8britt Avatar
gr8britt Andrew Blood
Grimsby, ON, Canada   CAN
Hey Jeff,

I'm pondering that one myself, I think the window channels have to loose or removed prior as I took those out first during removal. It was tight then, trying to get the rollers out of the bottom channel.
Let me know how you get on, I keep delaying my assembly and start dismantling other areas.....confused smiley

Cheers
Andy

jtmjbda Jeff Chappell
Herriman, UT, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Mrs Thatcher"
Thanks Andy. My channel felts were so rotten (read: gone) that getting the window out was pretty easy. There is some way to slide the lifter/regulator, whatever it's called, onto one roller, then slide it where the other roller fits through the slot in the lifter, then slide it back and life is groovy, but I haven't figured out the geometry yet. If/when i do figure it out, it might be accidental, but if I remember, I'll post it here.
Jeff

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
toofast4you Silver Member Mike M
Charleston, SC, USA   USA
When I removed my door glass, I leave the regulator bolted to the door but remove the 3 bolts on the triangular pivot. This allows the window to be tipped down in the front and up in the back and out of the fuzzy guides. Continue to pull the glass out the back of the door until the rollers clear the glass channel. I don't have any waist seals on my doors at this time allowing the channel to come out of the door easily.

Reinstalling is the opposite. Have the rear most roller as high up inside the door and ease the front of the glass channel on the roller and slowly push the door glass into the door until the front roller(lower in the door) starts to contact the glass channel. Once you have both rollers in the glass channel, locate the triangular pivot back where it was.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster