Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

SGOUD Avatar
SGOUD Serge Goudreau
Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada   CAN
I'm removing the two part speedometre cable on my 76 TR6 and will replace it with a single cable with an overdrive transmission to be installed during winter. Do I use a 69" or a 72" cable with the O/D trans; I already have a right angle adaptor that I could use.

What should I use?

Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Casey808 Avatar
Casey808 Casey S
Honolulu, HI, USA   USA
1969 Triumph TR6 "Adèle"
In reply to # 1503330 by SGOUD I'm removing the two part speedometre cable on my 76 TR6 and will replace it with a single cable with an overdrive transmission to be installed during winter. Do I use a 69" or a 72" cable with the O/D trans; I already have a right angle adaptor that I could use.

What should I use?

Thanks

Bonjour Serge,

For OD you want the longer or longest cable and thread it over the transmission to come up thru the firewall, not under. Also make certain you insert the copper washer for the Angle Drive between the OD Driven Gear to prevent it from cracking in two pieces per the BL Technical Service Bulletin. winking smiley

Gardez-les sur la route! Chin-Chin! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-21 03:38 PM by Casey808.

Attachments:
Speedo Cable.jpg    55.6 KB
Speedo Cable.jpg

SGOUD Avatar
SGOUD Serge Goudreau
Merci Casey,

That's the answer I was waiting for. Very helpful.

Serge

In reply to # 1503711 by Casey808
In reply to # 1503330 by SGOUD I'm removing the two part speedometre cable on my 76 TR6 and will replace it with a single cable with an overdrive transmission to be installed during winter. Do I use a 69" or a 72" cable with the O/D trans; I already have a right angle adaptor that I could use.

What should I use?

Thanks

Bonjour Serge,

For OD you want the longer or longest cable and thread it over the transmission to come up thru the firewall, not under. Also make certain you insert the copper washer for the Angle Drive before you thread it on the Driven Gear to prevent it from cracking in two pieces. winking smiley

Keep 'em on the road! Chin-Chin! smileys with beer

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Casey808 Avatar
Casey808 Casey S
Honolulu, HI, USA   USA
1969 Triumph TR6 "Adèle"
In reply to # 1503716 by SGOUD Merci Casey,

That's the answer I was waiting for. Very helpful. Serge

Toujours mon plaisir d'aider les autres avec des connaissances partagées. As your OD conversion progresses, please reach out for any head scratching solutions as we're all here to make sure you end up enjoying a fun drive.

Québec must be beautiful this time of year as I admire your city, great food and love the golf courses. thumbs up

Joyeuses fêtes et tout le meilleur de la bonne fortune dans la Nouvelle Année! smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-21 03:57 PM by Casey808.

SGOUD Avatar
SGOUD Serge Goudreau
Casey,

Oui, très beau paysage ici présentement avec neige et -12°c.

Merci et joyeuses fêtes!

Serge

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links