TRExp

TR6 Tech Forum

Anybody know of wireless parking sensors? Something that's completely wireless?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

SSiguenza Avatar
SSiguenza Summer Siguenza (Disabled)
Disabled Account, Antarctica   ATA
I'm looking for a wireless or smart parking sensor that's easy to install. I'm not much for wiring anything...When I look online most options seem to be extremely complicated or expensive. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm buying a used car soon and need to know options soon so I can maybe have the dealership install it for me. winking smiley cool smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
If it helps I installed this on a friends car about 5 years ago.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/b7-4-Parking-Sensors-Buzzer-Car-Reverse-Backup-Rear-Radar-System-Sound-Alarm/122659888325?hash=item1c8f195cc5:g:yZgAAOSwnJVZmkuM

There is only one wire to hook up, it connects to the cars back up light.

Our friend loves them, she claims her 'Beepers' have saved her thousands of $ ( which is a little un-nerving)
They start signaling at 5 ft and progress to a constant tone at about 6" .

They have prooved very reliable over the 6 or 7 cars I have fitted them.

jtmjbda Jeff Chappell
Herriman, UT, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Mrs Thatcher"
Summer, are you looking for a system for all situations, ie, installed in the car, or just for parking in your garage? I've seen many ideas for the latter, from tennis balls hung from the ceiling to old-timey curb feelers and even some kind of electric eye thing installed in the garage ceiling that aligns with a sensor on your dashboard telling you when to stop.
Good luck!
Jeff

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
Guys, this may be a phisher...read this thread from the MGExp forum, and the detective work one of the responders did.

http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?47,3647877

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster