Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Kamps16 John Kampschror
Falls Church, VA, USA   USA
Hello Triumph Experts,
I have purchased a very nice, tight, rust free 1975 TR6. The car is British Racing green with a tan interior. The body is very straight with one respray in the original color. It has a new Robbins top with reflective strips. It is an excellent driver and the interior is original and worn out.
The car is worthy of an all new interior and I'm debating on color. I was thinking a new black interior from Moss Motors since they are on sale.
I know this is very subjective, but I welcome your thoughts. Would the car be better served with a black interior or a tan interior? Or tan interior with black carpets? Is there a better interior kit available for the money than the Moss kits?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
poolboy Avatar
poolboy Ken D
Sandy Hook, MS, USA   USA
Are you a married man ?

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
I've got to say, the tan looks very good with BRG to me. I debated for a long time, but finally went with black on my TR3, because it has a black stripe. But a friend has his in tan and it really looks nice.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tomshobby Avatar
tomshobby Tom Smith
Windsor, WI, USA   USA
I have had a black interior in a BRG 64 TR4, a black interior in a white 67 GT6, a tan interior in a BRG TR6, and a tan interior in a BRG MG Midget. They all looked good. One thing I did find was that the black interior seemed to be hotter in the sun than the tan. But the TR4 had black leather seats and was the cooler of all when left in the sun. It seems that the vinyl seats seem to get hot through and hold more heat than the leather. Meaning that the leather seats seem to loose that scorching temp faster than the vinyl. Also the vinyl seems to keep sweat from evaporating which leaves a sticky feeling more so than the leather. Don't know if that makes sense and it is just my opinion. Not knowing if I would be driving the Midget much or even keeping it I put vinyl seat covers in it. But If I do the TR6 it will be leather and the color will be tan.

Tom Smith
1976 TR6
1974 Midget

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
shadow blue with white exterior...expensive looking....smoking smiley

tkamd73 Avatar
tkamd73 Silver Member Tim Bradley
Menomonee Falls, WI, USA   USA
I like Black, makes it simple to replace a worn or torn piece, never have to worry about a color match. Can get a bit warm in the sun though. That said, I think the blues, reds and tans really look great, depending on exterior color. Tim

cdozois Avatar
cdozois Gold Member Craig Dozois
Englewood, FL, USA   USA
Tan. Looks sooooo good with BRG. Rugs don't have to be black.

tomshobby Avatar
tomshobby Tom Smith
Windsor, WI, USA   USA
I know. Wrong car, but the colors are right.

Tom Smith
1976 TR6
1974 Midget

Attachments:
IMG_7290.JPG    36.3 KB
IMG_7290.JPG

IMG_7321.JPG    34.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
wyatt Avatar
...veeery sharp.thumbs up

maddmapper Avatar
maddmapper Ken Prentice
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
I'm not a big fan of tan, beige, brown... as I've never found a shade that I've liked. Maybe old leather would be nice. Every TR I've owned had a black interior and I quite like the look.

That said, if I was going to switch out the interior on my old english white TR, I'd go red like Shawn Morton's TR250 http://www.triumphexp.com/registry/CD8045L

Fictioneer Avatar
Fictioneer Doug Hirt
Colorado Springs, CO, USA   USA
I've always been partial to OEW with a red interior, which I know is more a MG combo than a triumph. That said, I'd like to see a picture of a white car with the shadow blue interior mentioned by Wyatt. Another sharp combination is black with gray interior -- there's a photo of a TR6 wearing these colors somewhere out there in the netherworld of the Internet.

"Mr. Filby, do you think he'll ever return?"
"One cannot choose but wonder. You see . . . he has all the time in the world!"

Attachments:
Black & gray TR6.jpg    42 KB
Black & gray TR6.jpg

wyatt Avatar
... from unfinished lost interest projects...eye rolling smiley

Attachments:
TR250 shadow blue 001.JPG    41.6 KB
TR250 shadow blue 001.JPG

leather TR6 int 003.jpg    46.6 KB
leather TR6 int 019.jpg    38.3 KB
tomshobby Avatar
tomshobby Tom Smith
Windsor, WI, USA   USA
In reply to # 1287576 by maddmapper I'm not a big fan of tan, beige, brown... as I've never found a shade that I've liked. Maybe old leather would be nice. Every TR I've owned had a black interior and I quite like the look.

That said, if I was going to switch out the interior on my old english white TR, I'd go red like Shawn Morton's TR250 http://www.triumphexp.com/registry/CD8045L

Thanks for posting the link to Shawn's TR. I saw it a few years ago when Shirley and I were visiting his neighbor's, Dave and Barbara More, some great folks. In fact I drove my TR6 home by way of BC, Washington, and Oregon with the clutch master cylinder from the car on the right in the pic of Shawn's garage. Mine had failed while at Provost for a family reunion. Had to edit this a few times. My memory isn't what it once was.

Pics: Shawn's car, Dave and myself changing out the master cyl, Dave and Barbara (our trailer in the background).

Tom Smith
1976 TR6
1974 Midget

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-05 07:38 AM by tomshobby.

Attachments:
IMG_2929.JPG    49.3 KB
IMG_2929.JPG

IMG_2928.JPG    53.3 KB
IMG_3018.JPG    49.9 KB
cdozois Avatar
cdozois Gold Member Craig Dozois
Englewood, FL, USA   USA
Discussions such as these remind me of the old adage, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." Enjoy, life is truly too short.

wyatt Avatar
...now thats a great lookin TR 250.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster