AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

1975TR6 Avatar
1975TR6 Phillip Bridger
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
John

I did the HDVA conversion about 6 years ago (much cheaper then) and I am in the same "zone" as you. That 5th gear is nirvana and I would never go back (though I kept the old transmission).

My mom was from Glace Bay.

Phill

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
Glace Bay, NS, Canada   CAN
1973 Triumph TR6 "Little Red"
In reply to # 1356465 by tylerwerrin Hi,

I was wondering what the Geoff Dupont kit looked like. Was it a new bellhousing or an adapter?

What I got from Geoff was new. Everything from the engine block back to the rear differential, (including a new, balanced drive shaft), was new; bell housing, clutches, throw out bearing --- you name it. AND I was very well entertained as well. Geoff discovered, (some time ago I'm sure), that it's much easier to take the old tranny out through the interior of the car. Once the seats, lower dash and all the carpeting came out he was impressed to see a "0" rust car too . . .

Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
In reply to # 1356531 by tirebiter Just think what kind of gas mileage increase you'd get if you also changed the differential gear ratio !!!

Another one of the mods I've heard is a positive result is the Nissan Posi trac rear end. I'll be looking into that mod when I do the rear disc brakes in a few more years. For now, I'm just smilin' goin' down the road . . . (^_^)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
In reply to # 1356534 by Fictioneer
In reply to # 1237262 by Thunderinjp Fortunately for me, (unfortunate for everyone else), I got Geoff last tranny kit; he has retired and is no longer making the kits . . .

Shucky-darn!

Yup. I don't think he'll be starting up again either. He mentioned he was selling all his equipment, (he had an entire machine shop, CNC machines and all), attached to his house, and I see he had taken his web site down . . .

Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
In reply to # 1356548 by 1975TR6 John

I did the HDVA conversion about 6 years ago (much cheaper then) and I am in the same "zone" as you. That 5th gear is nirvana and I would never go back (though I kept the old transmission).

My mom was from Glace Bay.

Phill

No doubt it's the best mod I've done to date and probably ever; just lucky I snagged the final one.

What part of town was your Mom from? Would I know her? I graduated from Morrison High back in '71 . . .

gogo72TR6 Greg Brutus
Malden, Mass, USA   USA
Hi!
Did anyone ever find out what's included in the kit?
or did Geoff pass along the drawings or CAD file?
Thanks
Greg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links