Rear view camera add-on

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
Ok, my tow vehicle is old and pre-dates things like rear-facing cameras. (Triumph content : it does get used to tow Triumphs from time to time, this time I plan to take a TR3A from Indiana to Missouri.)

But they sure do make it a lot easier to hook up by yourself; rather than jumping in and out to move a couple inches this way or that.

I'm wondering if anyone else has been down this road and has comments or experiences to share. I'm leaning towards a wireless link to the camera (that mounts above the license plate), but not sure if that's really a good idea or not. I'm also not sure if I want to replace the rear view mirror (which will lose my map lights) or use a clip-on (which I assume is kind of like a clip-on tie, ie cheesy).

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L Once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tapkaJohnD Avatar
tapkaJohnD John Davies
Lancaster, Lancashire, UK   GBR
A stick, tied to the towing hitch so that you can see it in the rearview mirror is helpful.

I have a tyre rack on my trailer, with a cross bar and a zip tie, exactly in the centre, is another useful guide.

Both cheap!
John

1964Spitfire Avatar
1964Spitfire Tim P
Santa Clara, CA, USA   USA
I've thought about a camera also for my truck.

But I have a set of these from harbor fright and they work fine. Just back up until the balls bump together.

Magnetic Trailer Alignment Kit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-13 11:19 AM by 1964Spitfire.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
trailer aid.jpg    21.4 KB
trailer aid.jpg

tapkaJohnD Avatar
tapkaJohnD John Davies
Lancaster, Lancashire, UK   GBR
Tim,
Brilliant! DiY even, two old telescopic aerials and tennis balls!

JOhn

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Triumph Spitfire 4 MkI

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links