After taking care of lawn duty and other things, I got some time to play with the MGB. I folded the top down and tried fitting the soft top cover. It needs just a bit more time in the sun to stretch for all the lift a dots to snap. But almost all of them were fastened. So today was a top down day, it's first.
It seemed to be running a little rough at 4000rpm on the road, so I checked the timing and vacuum advance again, I also got out the Colortune and checked mixture at idle. I thought it was running a little rich and the Colortune confirmed that. I screwed the mixture in about 3/4 of a turn and the color was a nice blue. It ran smoother at speed and felt better overall.
I also spent a few hours buffing and polishing and got a good coat of wax on it. It really cleaned up nicely! I the coaxed my wife to go out for a drive with me, then I let her drive for awhile. The seat position isn't too comfortable for her, so we'll have to see if we can find a different position.
A nice top down day! I've put about 70 miles on it, so far so good .