Despite being cold (really cold), I did make some progress on the Spitfire over the last couple of days.
I finished up the handbrake installation. Everything is new and it took a little effort to get that last 1/16th of an inch alignment so I could get the last clevis pin in at the balance bar. But in the end, I won and it is installed and works great.
I also got both rear brake drums mounted and the handbrake works fine. Once I get the system completed, I will have to get everything tightened up and adjusted. I also made sure all the parts with grease fittings (u-joints, bearings, etc) were topped up. For now the rear end is done.
I found the last of new hardlines for the front brake and the line that goes from the master that goes to the line that runs along the frame. I have eliminated the PDWA and replaced both connections with unions. But my fingers and toes were not warming up and getting numb so I called it a day.
I purchased some early 1500 chrome pieces from eBay at a very good price. One of them arrived in time to test out. The picture looks terrible, but they are going to look good once they are cleaned up.
I made some progress at least.
Happy New Year!
Handbrake finished up
Rear brake drums on
Started to hardlines, but ran out of internal warmth
I think the chrome (rather than the original black) will look nice with the red