I got a little time a couple of days ago to work the fitting the Spitfire gaiter for the master cylinders. It is still pretty cold. I used the heat gun but got it a little too hot and melted one of them in the process . I also found the holes in aluminum trays that I've added were slightly smaller than the original holes which was making it harder.
So I took the masters back out and used a file to open the holes to match the metal below. I then hooked up the brake master clevis pin and cotter key, and armed with the heat gun (on the low setting) and tried again. I still wasn't able to make it work, so decided to walk away and do some other things. Sadly those were not car related and instead I wrapped the Arbor Vitea trees in burlap so the next heavy snow fall won't ruin them completely .
Yesterday I worked on finishing up the last items on my MGB list. I got the rubber wipers on the door windows riveted in place and a little rust removed from the inner wood molding mounts and screws. I then replaced the two radiator hoses and clamps with new items.
I refilled the anti-freeze with new and got a run on the motor til the temperature came up. The car actually started on the third try, after sitting for awhile and the temperature (around 28degF today). It's stilll running pretty rich, but smooth; I won't do anything til I get it on the road in the Spring...just around the corner .
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
Holes in the aluminum trays opened out to the metal below
Brake master fitted and connected to the pedal, but still and quite get the gaiter to sit completely...walk away
New hoses and anti-freeze and a run til it got warm
Hard to think of Sping when it looks like this outside, but I can't wait :)