I finished draining the oil from the gearbox and then filled the differential and gearbox with new Brad Penn GL-4 80W90 gear oil. I didn't have quite enough, so need to top off the gearbox next time.
I found the sheath on the handbrake cable at the compensator back at the rear axle was not quite seated, that fixed the cable reach problem I had yesterday. The ferrule was also seized so needed to free that up. I took it out and cleaned quite a bit of corrosion off of it and coated it and the area around it liberally in grease. I finished attaching the cable and tied it down on the tunnel and clamp that comes from the bottom of the battery box. I adjusted the rear brakes and then adjusted the handbrake. It fully engages at 4 to 5 clicks up. There is a lot of adjustment left so I can bring it down further if I find I need to.
Done for the day I think.
Lots of adjustment left in the handbrake
Handbrake cable installation
Attached to the lever on the right side and cotter pin installed