I got quite abit of time today. I installed the front running/turn signal lights and dressed the wiring.
I jacked the car up and put it on stands. I pulled the wheels off and took them and the spare to my local car shop and had them take the tires off. They are all rotten so I wasn't able to get a spare out of them so it looks like I'll be ordering 5 tires. I am going to try to sand blast the rims and paint them before I have new tires mounted.
I disassembled the front axles. It looks like the bearings are still good, but the rotors and pads will need to be replaced. The calipers may still be ok, the exposed piston area was still clean and when I tried they pushed in easily. I may try to clean them up and use them as is. I took off the dust shields and till try to clean the rust off and paint them. I dropped one of the hubs in some Evaporust to soak.
I removed the clutch slave but had some trouble lossening the flex line, I put some PBlaster on it and will try tomorrow. I moved up to the master cylinders for both. It was a major PITA but I was able to get them both off.
A good day of progress.
Up on jackstands and getting the wheels off and access to the brakes and suspension
The rotors are pretty rusty, the hubs and calipers should clean up and paint
The rims are ready to sandblast
Clutch and brake masters are out, the dust shields should clean up ok