I'm in the middle of cleaning up the rad bottle and "strap" (really, a circular bracket.) I evicted the late tenant, and cleaned out the rad bottle. Tonight I took som Soft Scrub and a scrubbie to the bottle itself and I think it came out pretty nice. I might use some Retr0brite on it, but probably not this "round".
I've also been working on the strap - it went in some Evaporust for a while, then I wire-wheeled it. Tonight I was going to prime it at least. But yesterday when I looked at the engine bay in the "hole" left by the bottle, I saw yet another rusty bracket. I figured, "while I'm at it", I'll take out the second bracket and clean that up too. So into the Evaporust it, and its bolts, nuts and washers, went. Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday they'll be derusted enough for me to wirewheel them and finally prime and then paint.
(I bought high-build primer for the strap and bracket; the strap is quite pitted. And it's big enough that it'd be noticeable if I used regular primer.)
I also attacked the rad bottle cap but It's aluminum and the corrosion was ugly. I used some "fine" emery cloth and left the expected scratches on it. So I'll try high-build primer on it, too.
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on a brass tube to finish rebuilding the accelerator bracket. See https://youtu.be/ab0mwSZ2vSU for the problem statement.