Last night I was unexpectedly exhausted so I didn't make it out to the garage. Today I felt better and after spending some time "housekeeping" (getting ready for recycling day) I did some little things for the front carb:
* Cleaned the little pieces with carb cleaner
* Polished many of the brass parts with Brasso: the tag, the bottom plug, the butterfly valve and the shaft.
Next I'm going to wirewheel the metal pieces I want to repaint, then I can clean, prime, and paint them. Unfortunately my plan was to use the box from my air compressor as a paint booth but it was too badly damaged. I'll have to come up with an alternate plan
A while back I might have mentioned that I've got yet another seized screw, on the throttle control bracket... so I bought a "Shake and Break" (not the name brand, mind you.) Hopefully it will solve my problem. Stay tuned!