I basically had my TR4 in good running condition for just a little over one year. Because of the six months between purchasing and delivery and also because my mechanic needed to replace and fix a ton of things to make it safe and roadworthy, I didn't get to drive my car for an entire year from the time of purchase. My last invoice from Joe for his work on the car was listed as November 2013, a full year after my initial purchase!
So in early 2014 I started what I call the 'Honeymoon'. That was the short time I got to drive the car in pre-restoration condition.
Soon enough, as time went by, the gremlins crawled back out and it devolved back into a classic British car with quarks. First the turn signals failed to operate. Next, it leaked oil again from different spots. Finally, the clutch master cylinder sprung a small leak, forcing me to, at times, bring extra fluid on long trips in case I had to top it off. Overheating was a typical problem in Los Angeles Summertime as well. I'd have to rev the engine at stops or pull over for a sandwich break when driving through the hot valley.
After the clutch master cylinder problem happened, I knew it was time to start my restoration I had always been planning. In July of 2015, I dropped off the car to be completely disassembled and for the restoration to start.
The rest of this Journal will be about the restoration process.