Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

trekcarbonboy Avatar
trekcarbonboy Craig Hall
Perkasie, PA, USA   USA
Henri, I have 15x7 wheels. With 205-50-15 Dunlop Direzzas. Totally transformed the ride.
It got the lug nuts from the local auto store. Pretty standard. M12-1.5 thread, 60deg conical seat.

Like these. http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automotive-21133HT-Diameter-Chrome/dp/B001O0CC1U/ref=sr_1_23?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1421243686&sr=1-23&keywords=lug+nuts+chrome

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_8456_zpsedbc0d07.jpg    8.8 KB
IMG_8456_zpsedbc0d07.jpg

IMG_8440_zps4ae8e657.jpg    6.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
TeeR8 Avatar
TeeR8 Gold Member Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
Craig,

Thank you for the info.

1 - The stock TR8 wheels use a shank nuts which use most of the threaded part of the wheel studs. With the conical nuts for the ROTA are you using the stock wheel studs? Are the stock wheel studs long enough for a strong mount of the conical nuts?

2 - What colour are your wheels, GunMetal or Hyper Black?

Henri

Henri
1980 TR8, Platinum
1971 MGB GT, Midnight Blue

trekcarbonboy Avatar
trekcarbonboy Craig Hall
Perkasie, PA, USA   USA
Plenty of thread with the stock studs. And the nuts center the wheel rather than the hub which completely rid my car of the 55mph shimmy. New tires didn't hurt either.
Gunmetal with polished lip. Looks great. The picture above doesn't do the wheel justice.
I also used chrome valve stems which really look "right".
The 7" wheel really makes the car look better. Looks more proportionate to the car.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Speedracer Avatar
Speedracer Platinum Member Hap Waldrop
Greenville, SC, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB Racecar "The Biscuit"
I'm a dealer for Rota, it's not a bad looking wheel, but they take short cuts to keep the price down, like just machining the 60 degree lug taper directly into the aluminum of the wheel, this will wear over time, the more expensive, higher quailty wheels like VTO, which I am also dealer for, use steel tapered lug inserts. FWIW Rota does not come with free lug nuts, VTO does.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
www.acmespeedshop.com
Engines, Rebuild Kits and More.

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - VTO alloy wheels for British Sport Cars, and others
TeeR8 Avatar
TeeR8 Gold Member Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
Hap,

Good point on the taper for the wheel nuts.

From your comment I presume that the VTO wheel is also a conical nut?

Can you confirm if the VTO wheel hub is 57.1 mm to fit the TR8? If not 57.1mm, does VTO or yourself supply a hubcentric ring to fit the TR8 57.1 hub?

Any plans to supply a 5 spoke Revolution wheel style wheel for the TR8 in the future?

Henri
1980 TR8, Platinum
1971 MGB GT, Midnight Blue

tr8 Avatar
tr8 Paul m
ottawa, ON, Canada   CAN
http://tyresave.co.uk/revoroad.html#5SPOKE

Bought mine here last year.

Paul

acltpvd charles frink
Mass, USA   USA
Is there any chance the lug seat issue was caused by "cheap" lugnuts or improper lug taper OR wheel stud torque values? I have had my RB's for 4 or 5 years on two cars with , so far, no issues ?

trekcarbonboy Avatar
trekcarbonboy Craig Hall
Perkasie, PA, USA   USA
I have no doubt that over many-many years, of constantly taking your wheels on and off there might be some wear, but I have had my wheels off a couple times and I can say that not even the paint has worn. Torqued to proper spec each time. Don't roughen your nuts by tossing them on the ground, umm winking smiley and the wheels will be fine.

Henri, the tapered wheel nuts center the wheel. No need for a hub centric ring.

dulon72 Len R
Fort Worth, TX, USA   USA
I might be interested in your allies if you haven't sold them

HowardB Avatar
HowardB Howard Brissenden
Potton, Bedfordshire, UK   GBR
Ebay UK lists a lot of different MGF wheels for about $150-200 / set which fit TR7's & have a range of sizes from 14-16"

I have early 14" versions on mine and have been pleased with the improvement in handling and ride,

Howard

spitsand7s Silver Member Roger Kraemer
Minneapolis, MN, USA   USA
I have a set of original TR7/TR8 aluminum wheels with Dunlop Tires. Both the tires and wheels are perfect. The wheels you can't tell from new. Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks
Roger

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster