Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tom-wedge Tom Martin
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
Hi Guys
I am rewiring the ac loom for my 80 TR8, I have two but both have been botched quite a bit, so I am taking both apart and making one acceptable loom. So,,, does anyone know of a wiring diagram just for this. Yes I have the factory one showing the whole loom(s), but it would be better to see this one separately. If there isn’t one somewhere I’ll draw one so others can use it in the future.
Cheers Tom Martin 80TR8

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR7 Drophead "The Great Pumpkin"
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1601849 by Tom-wedge Hi Guys
I am rewiring the ac loom for my 80 TR8, I have two but both have been botched quite a bit, so I am taking both apart and making one acceptable loom. So,,, does anyone know of a wiring diagram just for this. Yes I have the factory one showing the whole loom(s), but it would be better to see this one separately. If there isn’t one somewhere I’ll draw one so others can use it in the future.
Cheers Tom Martin 80TR8

Tom:

By A/C loom, you mean the harness that crosses over the top of the Radiator?

The wiring harness for the TR8 body is identical between A/C and Non-A/C TR8s with two exceptions;

1. The short harness between the alternator and the main harness, which plug together behind the glove box.
2. The short harness that plugs in behind right headlight, and crosses over the radiator to the A/C relays and compressor on the left side of the engine. There is a separate plug behind the right headlight that this harness uses. If there is no A/C in the car, then this plug is left unconnected and is left there to confuse and mystify people like me. confused smiley

Since the A/C cars have a high output alternator, the harness connected to the alternator must be larger to carry the extra current, as well as accommodate the different alternator pin out.

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, frame off restoration, complete.
1980 Vermilion TR7 Sprint replica, in progress.

Yes No Thank
Tom-wedge Tom Martin
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
Thanks Vance
Yes I was talking about the one above the radiator, that goes left to the relay array. Thank you for your reply, your responses are always helpfull.,,,,,,Tom

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster