The all-new Front Page News Feed is now live   Read the announcement
TRExp

TR7 & TR8 Forum

TR7 Retrosound Radio - Faceplate advice.

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Count Draguar Benge Collins
County Durham, Barnard Castle, UK   GBR
This is a picture of a retrosound radio I was very lucky to find on eBay for £25 that, surprisingly was genuine and worked. I cut up the faceplate off an old ford radio to see if everything would fit,how it'd look and check if everything works. Everything does work so now I need to do a nicer fit. I'll probably have to get the official retrosound din kit for about £40, but they don't do a faceplate specifically for the TR7 and their faceplates are very expensive. Has anyone else fitted one and if so what did they use?

Cheers,
Ben

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member

Attachments:
IMG_0021.jpg    47.9 KB
IMG_0021.jpg

Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
darrellwalker Darrell Walker
Vancouver, WA, USA   USA
1966 Triumph TR4A "Christy"
1981 Triumph TR8 "Kate"
Here is mine. I used their "Euro Style" face plate. Behind that, I have a vinyl covered metal plate that came with the car, and on the inside of the console there is a universal plastic plate, cut to fit and glued to the console. The metal plate on the front and the plate behind sandwich around the console, the Retrosound plate is cosmetic. I've been on the lookout for a Triumph plate, but when the come up they tend to go for silly money.

Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L
81 TR8 SATPZ458XBA406206
Vancouver, WA, USA

Attachments:
IMG_0579.jpeg    42.4 KB
IMG_0579.jpeg

Yes No Thank
Count Draguar Benge Collins
County Durham, Barnard Castle, UK   GBR
Thanks Darrell, yours looks very original. Which model is your radio, I can't find it on their site? I'm stuck with the model I have because I don't have the budget to buy one new and just happened to find one cheap enough.

The chrome doesn't really go so I'm tempted to go with the button set you have or similar but can't do too much with the six 'radio select' buttons and screen surround. The faceplate together with the vinyl wrapped plate is ideal, I think I'll try for something similar. It is a shame there isn't a bit of blank grey plastic from elsewhere on the car that doesn't show that I could cut out to match the rest of the console. It helps a lot to see what it is I'm trying to achieve so thanks again.

Cheers,
Ben

Yes No Thank
darrellwalker Darrell Walker
Vancouver, WA, USA   USA
1966 Triumph TR4A "Christy"
1981 Triumph TR8 "Kate"
Hi Ben,

Mine is the "Model One", not sure what it corresponds to in the current model lineup.

-Darrell

Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L
81 TR8 SATPZ458XBA406206
Vancouver, WA, USA

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster