TR7 production data

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

royston Roy Cooper
CAMBRIDGE, ON, Canada   CAN
Does anyone know if there is a Triumph TR7 data base in existance where a vehicle production number can be traced as to where & when manufactured & which country it was shipped to.?
If so can you point me in the right direction please.

Roy.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tr8 Avatar
tr8 Paul m
ottawa, ON, Canada   CAN
gerald4247 Avatar
gerald4247 Gerald Davies
Ventura, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1590139 by royston Does anyone know if there is a Triumph TR7 data base in existance where a vehicle production number can be traced as to where & when manufactured & which country it was shipped to.?
If so can you point me in the right direction please.

Roy.

https://www.triumphwedgeowners.org/

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
navydiver Rob Cornick
san diego, CA, USA   USA
1975 Triumph TR7 "The Pumpkin"
1977 Triumph TR7
1978 Triumph TR8
1980 Triumph TR7 "The Plum"    & more
Dr Christopher Smith in the UK/Italy has all the factory records. If you send him the VIN he can provide all you ever wanted too know. He is the administrator on the Triumph TR7 owners page on facebook which is the best way of contacting him, or email me the vin and i'll forward it on to him.
Rob

1975 TR7 FHC Ca Spec ACL 4spd
1976 TR7 FHC Ca Spec 4 spd (Temp add)
1977 TR7 FHC ACW 5Spd
1978 TR8 DHC ACT FI development car 5 Spd
1980 TR7 DHC FI Spider 5spd
1980 TR7 DHC FI Spider 5Spd
1980 TR7 DHC FI 5spd
1980 TR7 DHC FI 5 spd
1981 TR7 DHC FI 5 spd

royston Roy Cooper
CAMBRIDGE, ON, Canada   CAN
Hi Rob,
Thanks for the information. I'm trying to trace the information on a TR7 & I only have the production number & not the whole VIN & as I don't use facebook, I'm hoping you can pass this on to Dr. Smith for me as you offered.

The number is 114621. I believe it was built in Canley, but that's all I know. It's important that I know which country it was shipped to & hopefully I can check with their local licensing department to see if it still exists.

I have a good reason to find this vehicle & if I get the information, I'll fill you in on the details, It's a long story.

thanks,

Roy.

navydiver Rob Cornick
san diego, CA, USA   USA
1975 Triumph TR7 "The Pumpkin"
1977 Triumph TR7
1978 Triumph TR8
1980 Triumph TR7 "The Plum"    & more
Roy, you have to play along here! You’ve given us very little to work with. All Christopher has asked for is a description of the car you’re looking for to see if it matches the car in his records with that vin number. Once he is convinced that you’re not just fishing for info and that your search is legit, he has the info you are looking for. If it is the correct car then he might even release it. To say we have been bitten by unscrupulous people in the past trying to clone cars or make them something they’re not or even to try to fool the authorities, you can understand this caution. I have no reason to believe you are not completely on the level, but a bit more info will definitely reassure us.

1975 TR7 FHC Ca Spec ACL 4spd
1976 TR7 FHC Ca Spec 4 spd (Temp add)
1977 TR7 FHC ACW 5Spd
1978 TR8 DHC ACT FI development car 5 Spd
1980 TR7 DHC FI Spider 5spd
1980 TR7 DHC FI Spider 5Spd
1980 TR7 DHC FI 5spd
1980 TR7 DHC FI 5 spd
1981 TR7 DHC FI 5 spd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-24 12:27 PM by navydiver.

TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1977 Triumph TR7 "Rally Fraud"
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
http://www.trdrivers.com/tr7___tr8_vin_numbers.htm#1979

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-24 06:10 AM by TR8todd.

sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
I'm curious as to how you came by this partial VIN and why you've only got the numbers in the middle and not the letters on both front and back, it seems obvious you've never seen the car since you don't even know what country it was shipped too.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster