Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Ron Avery Avatar
Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, CA, USA   USA
After 3 weeks, I got my TR 8 back from the shop. I had all of the gaskets replaced on the top of the engine. Valve Covers, intake manifolds,ect. We also had the exhaust manifolds Jet Hot coated silver. Plus all new hoses, injectors, and a tune up.
And basically cleaned every thing in sight. I also received my next license plate.

Ron
1972 GT 6 MK 3
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Engine_2.jpg    64.7 KB
Engine_2.jpg

Engine.jpg    68 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Engine_4.jpg    67.9 KB
Plate.jpg    49.1 KB
Bluewedge Avatar
Bluewedge Mark S.
Mayhill, NM, USA   USA
1955 MG TF 1500 "John's MG"
1980 Triumph TR7 Drophead
Ken,

This picture looks a lot better than when the car came back to the pits after the turn 6 rain shower at the '84 Runoffs.

Mark

Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR7 Drophead "The Great Pumpkin"
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1517105 by Ron Avery After 3 weeks, I got my TR 8 back from the shop. I had all of the gaskets replaced on the top of the engine. Valve Covers, intake manifolds, etc. We also had the exhaust manifolds Jet Hot coated silver. Plus all new hoses, injectors, and a tune up.
And basically cleaned every thing in sight. I also received my next license plate.

Yikes! Another photo-shopped engine compartment. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

They never looked that good, even when they came right off the assembly line.

Ron, is that a REAL engine compartment, or just a virtual one that you pulled down off the web someplace. confused smiley

Color me green with envy.

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, frame off restoration, complete.
1980 Vermilion TR7 Sprint replica, in progress.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dursley Avatar
dursley Russ Cooper
Dursley, Gloucestershire, UK   GBR
First outing of 2018 in the TR7 last weekend on the Daffodil Run. Nice little scenic tour of about 80-90 miles in country lanes mainly in the Forest of Dean area of Gloucestershire. Recent wet weather meant the car came back needing a good wash but a very nice day out anyway.

Attachments:
IMG_4780.JPG    56.4 KB
IMG_4780.JPG

2018-03-25 13.48.28.jpg    57.6 KB
IMG_2355.JPG    62.8 KB
kevphill Kevin Phillips
Oxford, MI, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR7 ~ For Sale ! ~
As I sit here recuperating from surgery and wishing I was out and about that car looks excellent! Only problem is the steering wheel’s on the wrong side.

ChuckyBaby12 Avatar
ChuckyBaby12 Charlie D.
Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada   CAN
My 1981 TR8

Charlie Dooley

Attachments:
No 1.jpg    30.4 KB
No 1.jpg

Coochas Silver Member Dave John
Sudbury, MA, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR7 Drophead "KitTR-7"
Well this is as good a time as any to introduce myself as I have been lurking and learning from so many posts on here!

I'm a car nut and I always loved the TR7/TR8 back in the day. I've now started collecting cars from that era in my life including an amazing 1980 TR7, a 79 Rx-7 (identical to my first new car) and a 72 240Z. The TR7 really rounds out the pack.

The car is Vermillion and has about 18k miles on it! Some of you may have seen it on BAT a few months ago. The car runs beautifully. I've done little projects on it like replacing the vintage rubber, replacing/reengineering the turn signal combo switch, replaced the gas struts in the trunk, and finally figured out the battery kept dying because the trunk light was on all the time! Very happy and I look forward to participating in this community.

Attachments:
hF5jtwo+RoO%+3CryIwJIw.jpg    47.7 KB
hF5jtwo+RoO%+3CryIwJIw.jpg

1521480819e7dff9f98764daIMG_8929.jpg    43.7 KB
15214808358495d565ef6IMG_8896.jpg    46.9 KB
5ab2d05c2d1fb_15214808089f98764daIMG_8947.jpg    46.4 KB
0U9%PSb1SbWiPa%8oHIm3g.jpg    43.4 KB
kevphill Kevin Phillips
Oxford, MI, USA   USA
Wow! Very nice. I see what you’re talking about when you say collection. I am in the process of resurrecting a car that was taken apart in 1991. It’s been an uphill battle but I’m getting there. The folks on the form of been really helpful. Welcome aboard.
Kp

Coochas Silver Member Dave John
Sudbury, MA, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR7 Drophead "KitTR-7"
Thanks! Glad to be here! I like working on this era of cars as they are more 'accessible' compared to modern machinery. I love the fact that there are so many NOS parts available for this car that don't break the bank.

kevphill Kevin Phillips
Oxford, MI, USA   USA
I want desperately to wash and wax my car. Unfortunately we are still in the putting together phase. Here’s a picture of the car on jackstands. Today I got the engine crank over and I connected the clutch plumbing and the transmission harness.
You can kind of see the seats installed. I recovered them in my front room. I secured the tartan from a company in Scotland, they drop shipped it to a trimmer in England who finished the seat covers and sent them to me.

Next to my green emerald Jen, is the donor car. I have a lot of parts that I’d be willing to sell for cheap. Do we have a thread running for used parts for sale?

Kp

Attachments:
E0F29CED-74C7-49AD-8902-15AB0529ACB9.jpeg    54.4 KB
E0F29CED-74C7-49AD-8902-15AB0529ACB9.jpeg

urchin Avatar
urchin Jeffrey Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME, USA   USA
Hi Everyone,

I’m back in the TR-7 community after having to retire my TR-7 Spider to serious rust back in 2012. Thanks to Woody Cooper at The Wedge Shop, I’ll be the owner of this TR-7 FHC 5-speed. It will join my ‘80 Spitfire.

The photo was NOT taken at my house. I have neither a new MINI nor a garage smiling smiley.

Jeff

Jeffrey Aronson
Editor, Rovers Magazine
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
'66 Land Rover Series II-A 88" SW
‘97 Land Rover Discovery I SE7
‘77 Triumph TR-7 Coupe
'80 Triumph Spitfire 1500
'66 Corvair Monza 110/4
www.landroverwriter.com
www.roversmagazine.com

Attachments:
9675FB79-157A-4570-9BFA-05BCC7082E00.jpeg    60.9 KB
9675FB79-157A-4570-9BFA-05BCC7082E00.jpeg

Addicted Mike Hagadorn
Russell, PA, USA   USA
I thought I'd share a few of my favorite pictures of my current project.

Attachments:
IMG_3311.JPG    43.2 KB
IMG_3311.JPG

IMG_3315.JPG    41.2 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster