Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

viperbuggy Avatar
viperbuggy Fred D
Athens, ON, Canada   CAN
Would like to know if there is a web site where i can get custom bumpers for my Triumph TR 7 , I like the one on the front of this TR 8.

Thanks.

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member

Attachments:
bumpers 053 (Medium).JPG    58.6 KB
bumpers 053 (Medium).JPG

Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
justin.mercier Avatar
justin.mercier Justin Mercier
Woonsocket, RI, USA   USA
That's Paul Rego's TR8, you can contact him through his website and ask where he got it, he posted about it a few years back, but I cant find the post.

http://www.74tr6.com/1980tr8.htm

Yes No Thank
havfam George Haversang
Montville NJ, USA   USA

Yes No Thank
viperbuggy Avatar
viperbuggy Fred D
Athens, ON, Canada   CAN
Thanks found the site in the information that you gave me and was able to contact morspeed performance and price bumpers. thanks again

Fred

Yes No Thank
mgb4tim Avatar
mgb4tim Tim N
South Fayette, Pittsburgh, PA!!!, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB
1996 Jaguar XJ6 (X300) "Big Green"
I know this is an older post, but here's some of the progress pics of Paul's car. TR8 morSpeed bumper fascia installation

~Tim

tim@morSpeedPerformance.com

Yes No Thank
MadTiki Johnny M
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 950026 by viperbuggy Would like to know if there is a web site where i can get custom bumpers for my Triumph TR 7 , I like the one on the front of this TR 8.

Thanks.

Do you, or does anyone have a rear shot by chance? I have seen this photo before, but never saw the rear.

Yes No Thank
dhuddleson Avatar
dhuddleson David Huddleson
Manotick, ON, Canada   CAN
Click on the link in the post previous to yours. There are several photos of Paul's car with the new front & rear.

Yes No Thank
viperbuggy Avatar
viperbuggy Fred D
Athens, ON, Canada   CAN
Also check out ( morspeed performance ) if you check out his face book you can see how he makes them.

Fred

Yes No Thank
18593210 Avatar
18593210 Wilbur Cook
Austin, TX, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB V6 Conversion
1980 Triumph TR8 "BLUE GOOSE"
1981 Triumph TR8 "CHESTER"
There is one for sale in Little Rock. Ark. its been listed for a long time several months in fact. FYI http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/4439729170.html

Yes No Thank
MadTiki Johnny M
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
The front looks pretty good. It gives the car a modern face lift. The rear needs a bit more design work. Its basically a straighter version from the original.
After doing a lot of reserch online I came across the perfect compliment to the TR7. The Lancia Stratos. Im removing the bumpers and re shaping the front and rear on my 80 convertible to mimic it. The front will be fairly straight forward. The rear will take a bit of work. I'll be removing and re forming a new boot void of a spare tire well. I'll be mounting the battery back there as well. I am looking into duplicating the mid exiting exhaust as well. I already have a 5.0 Mustang motor that has been lightened up using aluminum heads, lighter flywheel etc. it should only be about 50 lbs heavier than the Rover V8 when finished. It will be a lot more powerful at almost 400HP smiling smiley
I am also swapping a miata sub frame and suspension up front and using a ford 8.8 narrowed out back and new axles with 4x100 bolt pattern. This set up will let me use any suspension, brakes, tire and wheel combo. Unlike the TR7's very scarce parts choices. I just got the car here in AZ for $640. Not a spot of rust, not a spot of body filler. The bottom of the car doesnt have a scratch on it. It had a really bad cheapo repaint a few years ago thats faded to primer and chipping off. Dash is perfect, and seats are actually in pretty goo shape. Should be a lot of fun when finished. I plan on tracking the car at local autoX, and timed courses.

Yes No Thank
MadTiki Johnny M
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
Shame its an auto. Nothing kills a performance, or sports car more than an automatic. It disconnects the driver from the car to much. For some reason here in America people dont like to "drive" their cars, they like them to drive themselves. Thats the beauty of the British and European cars, their built by a country that enjoys "driving".

Yes No Thank
mgb4tim Avatar
mgb4tim Tim N
South Fayette, Pittsburgh, PA!!!, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB
1996 Jaguar XJ6 (X300) "Big Green"
In reply to # 1208466 by MadTiki Shame its an auto. Nothing kills a performance, or sports car more than an automatic. It disconnects the driver from the car to much. For some reason here in America people dont like to "drive" their cars, they like them to drive themselves. Thats the beauty of the British and European cars, their built by a country that enjoys "driving".

I guess trying to squeeze a Ford AOD in my MGB 5.0 conversion is a "no, no"?

~Tim

tim@morSpeedPerformance.com

Yes No Thank
MadTiki Johnny M
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
Absolutelly a no-no. Its a sports car. Whats the fun in having the gears shift for you? Plus the size, and power robbing issues. The main thing is the fun factor. Its a sports car. Sports cars should have three pedals. (Jmo).
Any sports oriented car I have owned, or own, gets 3 pedals.
I currently have an 89 e30 convertible im just finishing the restoration on. Im either going to find a donor car for the 5 speed swap, or sell it. That auto saps all the fun out of the true driving experience.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-13 12:04 PM by MadTiki.

Yes No Thank
MadTiki Johnny M
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
Im swapping a 91 5.0 in my TR7 as well. It came with eng, trans, and wiring harness. The Trans is an Auto, so I have it listed on CL for sale or trade for a 5 Speed.

Yes No Thank
bkwanab Phil Grice
Florence, OR, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR7 Drophead "Black Knight Wannabe"
Just for another perspective ...

Having owned and raced many different sports cars I have no issue with automatic transmissions. I recently converted a Jetta 2.0 Turbo to paddle shift, have owned a smart car with paddle shift and installed a TH700R4 with solenoid operated paddle shift into a TR7 with a Buick 231 V6. Each can be left to change gear based upon the programmed shift points or by paddle control. Just two peddles on the floor in each of them. The one on the right is controlled by my right foot, the one on my left by my left foot. My wife drives her automatic the same way and we've done sone now for over 20 years.

Before anyone begins to rant about using your left foot to brake, think about this. I raced Karts using two peddles, one for throttle and one for brake.

I change gears on my motorcycles with my feet (old British bikes and newer Japanese have the shift on opposite sides), work the throttle with my right hand and the clutch with my left. Oh, and I work the rear brake with either foot, depending on the age and origin of the bike.

I steer my Cessna with my feet (rudder) and the (toe) brakes too. The throttle is controlled by my right hand while controlling roll and elevation with my hand(s).

There is no reason not to brake like a Kart in a road car. Try it sometime, but practice away from the highway until you're competent. You'll never want to go back. Unfortunately, due to the position of the steering column, I have to use just my right foot when driving my 39,000 lb GVW coach. Damn it. But even the coach six speed transmission can be controlled by push button controls to override the computer.

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster