Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Pat.L Avatar
Pat.L Silver Member Patrick Ledford
New Wilmington, PA, USA   USA
My Triumph parts guy is checking his stock to see if he has any old stock. Unfortunately I do not have a factory part number for the bump stop over the rear silencer. If any one has one let me know as it would be easier for him to try and locate one. My club has an event at his warehouse on Saturday and if he has any of the silencer bump stops I will buy all he has and list the balance to any one here. If he does not have anything I will order the one thru Energy Suspension parts 9.9151 and see if it will work.

Patrick
1980 TR8 DHC TPVDV8AT209637
1957 TR-3 Under restoration TS20462LO
Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association
TWOA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR7 Drophead "The Great Pumpkin"
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1594493 by Pat.L My Triumph parts guy is checking his stock to see if he has any old stock. Unfortunately I do not have a factory part number for the bump stop over the rear silencer. If any one has one let me know as it would be easier for him to try and locate one. My club has an event at his warehouse on Saturday and if he has any of the silencer bump stops I will buy all he has and list the balance to any one here. If he does not have anything I will order the one thru Energy Suspension parts 9.9151 and see if it will work.

My Triumph parts book doesn't show them in any of the illustrations, much less list a part number. Looks like it is roll your own, or do without best I can tell. sad smiley

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, frame off restoration, complete.
1980 Vermilion TR7 Sprint replica, in progress.

Xseries Brian Ridley-Jones
WATERLOOVILLE, Hampshire, UK   GBR
Part number is GEX7490 - I will take an image of my NOS one tomorrow as I could not make it today!

Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Visiting from the other TR forums. This bumper looks like an item that can be 3D printed in polyurethane. How's it held into the frame hole, appears to me it might have a rubber end that goes up into the frame similar to how a grommet is pushed into a hole. CAD drawing rendering attached. I just guessed at the dimensions. Just one more option.

BT

Attachments:
TR8 Exhaust Bumper.JPG    14.4 KB
TR8 Exhaust Bumper.JPG

TR8 Exhaust bumper-1.JPG    11.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
rainking1958 Avatar
rainking1958 Randy Scott
Green, OH, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB "Kermit"
1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Runt"
1980 Triumph TR7 Drophead
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
UKC 6729 is the part # for the axle bump stops
Did not see it for the rear exhaust bump stops

Sorry wrong part that is the stop for the lower arm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-05 07:54 PM by rainking1958.

Here is the image of a NOS part GEX 7490 - wtih approx lengths of button head and overall. The straight part is about 1 /14" so the CAD diagram needs some more length, but otherwise looks good!

Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-06 05:44 AM by Xseries.

Attachments:
GEX7490.jpg    17 KB
GEX7490.jpg

GEX7490a.jpg    37.9 KB
I plan to investigate having some 50 of these remade as there is a manufacturing company about 10 miles from me.

A Is anyone interested?

and if so then

B Rubber or

C polyurethane

Bergie Bob Berg
Tarpon Springs, FL, USA   USA
Bergie Bob Berg
LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
Fruita, CO, USA   USA
1954 MG TF "Green Hornet"
1969 MG MGB
1979 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"

These are the bump stops that fit in the end of the trailing arms and are not the axle muffler bump stops

Two different items - the suspension bump stop and the exhaust (muffler) . This is about part GEX7490 (EX for EXhaust) that has not been available since the early 1990s!

Not sure if this part was fitted to the TR7 and the early TR8 parts book does not show this, but suggests part GEX7479 is used.

See also page 1I17 from the TR8 parts catalogue / microfiche.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 10:03 AM by Xseries.

Attachments:
IMG_2178.JPG    28.3 KB
IMG_2178.JPG

GEX7490c.jpg    35.1 KB
Bergie Bob Berg
I have a pair of gex7490 NOS that I didnt use on the tr8 and decided to use an aftermarket alternate to upgrade...

Pat.L Avatar
In reply to # 1595065 by Bergie I have a pair of gex7490 NOS that I didnt use on the tr8 and decided to use an aftermarket alternate to upgrade...

Do you have information on the aftermarket upgraded ones?

Patrick
TWOA

Pat.L Avatar
In reply to # 1595025 by Xseries I plan to investigate having some 50 of these remade as there is a manufacturing company about 10 miles from me.

A Is anyone interested?

and if so then

B Rubber or

C polyurethane

I may be interested as I need one, but maybe less expensive for me to have one made in the US.

Patrick
TWOA

Pat.L Avatar
In reply to # 1594509 by Darth V8R
In reply to # 1594493 by Pat.L My Triumph parts guy is checking his stock to see if he has any old stock. Unfortunately I do not have a factory part number for the bump stop over the rear silencer. If any one has one let me know as it would be easier for him to try and locate one. My club has an event at his warehouse on Saturday and if he has any of the silencer bump stops I will buy all he has and list the balance to any one here. If he does not have anything I will order the one thru Energy Suspension parts 9.9151 and see if it will work.

My Triumph parts book doesn't show them in any of the illustrations, much less list a part number. Looks like it is roll your own, or do without best I can tell. sad smiley

Vance

I just ordered a 9.9151 from Energy Suspension parts to see if I can make it work. If not I found two places near me that will do 3D printing for one off custom car restorations. I will keep the forum informed.

Patrick
TWOA

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster