Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Pat.L Avatar
Pat.L Silver Member Patrick Ledford
New Wilmington, PA, USA   USA
Saturday, while at a club event, I overheard some members talking about Rimmer Bros opening a facility in the US. Has any one else heard this? I know they expanded their calling hours to accommodate US buyers.

Patrick
1980 TR8 DHC TPVDV8AT209637
1957 TR-3 Under restoration TS20462LO
Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association
TWOA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bergie Bob Berg
Tarpon Springs, FL, USA   USA
havent heard but rimmer bros was going to partner with a famous wedge supplier south of boston back in late 80's then pulled out to handle themselves with a stand alone stocking warehouse in atlanta for quicker shipping to US customers on standard parts- off memory...it didnt work so they pulled back to UK...maybe someone in their finance dept looked at where all the money is coming from smiling smiley

POW Peter Wirth
HEBRON, NH - New Hampshire, USA   USA
In reply to # 1595816 by Bergie havent heard but rimmer bros was going to partner with a famous wedge supplier south of boston back in late 80's then pulled out to handle themselves with a stand alone stocking warehouse in atlanta for quicker shipping to US customers on standard parts- off memory...it didnt work so they pulled back to UK...maybe someone in their finance dept looked at where all the money is coming from smiling smiley

I think it's coming from me.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
uspsmech Avatar
uspsmech Jim F
North Providence, RI, USA   USA
1978 Triumph TR8 "007"
Peter, I can appreciate your comment, made me chuckle, thank you

" Enjoy the Drive", Jim

DerbyRam54 Neville Wardle
Branford, CT, USA   USA
How's the zoning in Hebron, NH? Can you get a permit for a big warehouse?

Right now the shipping on most orders (we had a discussion on problems with small stuff not so long ago) is pretty quick, at least to the East coast, so it's not that obvious that Rimmer's would gain much from holding stocks in the US.

I seem to recall reading that there was a US facility for handling core returns, but I can't see any mention of that on the website. A very long time ago I took a Spitfire gearbox core over to the UK in a wooden box as checked baggage. I doubt you could do that today.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster