AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
Fruita, CO, USA   USA
1954 MG TF "Green Hornet"
1969 MG MGB
1979 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
Had them mix up some Healey Ice Blue with 10% more blue that I shot on a test fender 10 years ago on my MG. The test chip didn't come very close to the previous color shown in the second image. Also had him mix some Astral Blue shown in the last shot. I may go with that. My intention at this point is to eliminate all of the black on the car and go with silver...hence the silver chip. I would probably try and match the silver graphics I have for the car. Chips are shown on the new leather seat covers...grey with navy piping....gonna have Navy carpet as well..

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
P1010303.JPG    27.3 KB
P1010303.JPG

IMG_2960.JPG    53.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_2961.JPG    49.2 KB
Ron Avery Avatar
Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1595259 by LaVerne Had them mix up some Healey Ice Blue with 10% more blue that I shot on a test fender 10 years ago on my MG. The test chip didn't come very close to the previous color shown in the second image. Also had him mix some Astral Blue shown in the last shot. I may go with that. My intention at this point is to eliminate all of the black on the car and go with silver...hence the silver chip. I would probably try and match the silver graphics I have for the car. Chips are shown on the new leather seat covers...grey with navy piping....gonna have Navy carpet as well..

Wow, that will be sharp. I like the second chip. Are you painting the bumpers has well? Are you installing the Euro bumpers? They make a big difference in the way the car looks. I did a thread on my Euro bumper install. Good luck, I look forward to seeing the finished car.

Ron
1972 GT 6 MK 3
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

Sierra 6 Avatar
Sierra 6 Steve W
Buckeye, AZ, USA   USA
Sounds like a nice combination. Who knows how accurate my screen is reproducing the colors, but the first chip looks a lot like Persian Aqua.
Whichever you decide should look really nice.
As Ron said, the euro bumper conversion is worth every penny.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
Fruita, CO, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB
Plan at this point is to give it the Morespeed nose job

Attachments:
red_tr7_front2.jpg    63.1 KB
red_tr7_front2.jpg

Ron Avery Avatar
Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, CA, USA   USA
That is a much cleaner up to date look. Are you going for the full body color look as well? And are you changing the rear end?

Ron
1972 GT 6 MK 3
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
Oxnard, CA

LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
Fruita, CO, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB
Not sure about full body color...quite possible but if most likely will at least give the window drip rail and vent grille a silver treatment. Plan is to do the rear bumper change as well.

Attachments:
09_Screws or rivets here.jpg    52.1 KB
09_Screws or rivets here.jpg

Ron Avery Avatar
Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, CA, USA   USA
That will be nice, can't wait to see the completed car.

Ron
1972 GT 6 MK 3
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
Oxnard, CA

Pat.L Avatar
Pat.L Silver Member Patrick Ledford
New Wilmington, PA, USA   USA
LaVerne

Have you checked with MorSpeed? The last I heard he had stop making parts to concentrate on his own cars. I just checked his website and I see he is back making fiberglass parts as of July 2018.

In reply to # 1595602 by LaVerne Plan at this point is to give it the Morespeed nose job

Patrick
1980 TR8 DHC TPVDV8AT209637
1957 TR-3 Under restoration TS20462LO
Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association
TWOA

LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
Fruita, CO, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB
Just sent him an email a couple of days ago to see how he was progressing. Sounded like he was just about finished with them.

One seat done...starting on the other now.

Attachments:
IMG_3036.JPG    41 KB
IMG_3036.JPG

IMG_3038.JPG    40.4 KB
IMG_3046.JPG    70.4 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster