Classic car rally/meet?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Count Draguar Benge Collins
County Durham, Barnard Castle, UK   GBR
Now I have my TR7, I'm wanting to do events with it. It's a car I use daily and I concentrate on making it reliable rather than beautiful and try to make sure nothing that could become a major problem is ignored whilst it is minor. I'm ideally looking for a Tulip rally or something similar and the nearer to the north east of england the better (certainly within the british isles). Everything I have found so far seems to cost at least £1500, which seems to be quite a lot for a weekend.

Anyone got any advice on anything cheaper to try first to see if I enjoy it enough to spend more? I also don't have a co-pilot, is it essential to have one?

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
gerald4247 Avatar
gerald4247 Gerald Davies
Ventura, CA, USA   USA
Benge,
Check out the HERO (Historic Endurance Rally Organisation) HERO.com. They are UK based and have a wide range of events and prices. Their events are top quality. I live in California but am entered in their "Novice Trial" event in May.
Cost is under 600 pounds for three days including instruction classes. Vehicles must be pre 1986 so your TR7 would be great.

Good luck maybe see you there

Gerald.

Yes No Thank
I found the Hero site, but missed that event. I looked at ones such as the three legs of the isle of man and London to Lisbon and saw the cost and assumed they were all around that price. £600 seems do-able so I recon I'll see you there, smiling smiley. What will you be driving?

[My guess would be a 1977 MG B? and you are doing it with your son, Richard?]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-15 08:28 AM by Count Draguar.

Yes No Thank
gerald4247 Avatar
gerald4247 Gerald Davies
Ventura, CA, USA   USA
Good guess you are correct. The car is one of their "Arrive & Drive" vehicles as I do not have anything in the UK that is 1986 or older as I live in California.

Hope to see you there

gerald

Yes No Thank
In reply to # 1602257 by gerald4247 Good guess you are correct. The car is one of their "Arrive & Drive" vehicles as I do not have anything in the UK that is 1986 or older as I live in California.

Hope to see you there

gerald

As you probably guessed I saw you entered on the page when checking out the event. Our cars look remarkably similar, although yours obviously has had a lot more love recently, I'll get there though, smiling smiley. Cheers.

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster