Bonnet Badge Later Cars

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Xseries Brian Ridley-Jones
WATERLOOVILLE, Hampshire, UK   GBR
Having reproduced 55 stickers and labels (17 emission labels for TR7 and TR8 alone!) I have now had a request for a much more substantial project.

The original XKC3902 badges as used on later TR7 and TR8s made at the Solihull plant have not been available for many years. Sadly, the original badge maker is no longer trading, but I am in discussions with a manufacturer in Birmingham (England) that has been making badges for cars since the 19th century. As with all these ventures, economies of scale are present, but at around $100 a badge for 20 falling to around $75 per badge for 100 any outlay is considerable. I am trying to gauge numbers (if 30 people would commit to 2 each then 100 is on the cards at once!) and how much people would be prepared to pay.
Please respond directly to me (only once as I am asking on other forums!) with the number of badges you (might) want at $75 and how many if they were $100 (plus shipping etc etc etc).

Brian
ridley-jones at talktalk.net

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
$_86.JPG    50.4 KB
$_86.JPG

Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR7 Drophead "The Great Pumpkin"
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1546693 by Xseries Having reproduced 55 stickers and labels (17 emission labels for TR7 and TR8 alone!) I have now had a request for a much more substantial project.

The original XKC3902 badges as used on later TR7 and TR8s made at the Solihull plant have not been available for many years. Sadly, the original badge maker is no longer trading, but I am in discussions with a manufacturer in Birmingham (England) that has been making badges for cars since the 19th century. As with all these ventures, economies of scale are present, but at around $100 a badge for 20 falling to around $75 per badge for 100 any outlay is considerable. I am trying to gauge numbers (if 30 people would commit to 2 each then 100 is on the cards at once!) and how much people would be prepared to pay.
Please respond directly to me (only once as I am asking on other forums!) with the number of badges you (might) want at $75 and how many if they were $100 (plus shipping etc etc etc).

Brian

Brian:

Let me say from the start that I do not need one of these badges, but I do admire your enthusiasm for and support of the hobby. My TR8 uses the laser graphics rather than the Triumph medallion.

Idle curiousity question: Do you have a list or catalogue of your offerings?

Toodle-pip,

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, frame off restoration, complete.
1980 Vermilion TR7 Sprint replica, in progress.

List of labels available in pdf attached.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-10 11:37 AM by Xseries.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Labels Letter.pdf    690.9 KB

Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR7 Drophead "The Great Pumpkin"
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1546706 by Xseries Labels available in US page size - Letter.pdf. For European paper size see A4.pdf

Wow!

And how does one obtain copies of the fruits of your labors? Paypal, downloadable artwork, waterboarding?

Seriously, what will you be doing with these? May I order a set, or is that something that is to be determined?

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, frame off restoration, complete.
1980 Vermilion TR7 Sprint replica, in progress.

sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
Brian,

I'm all for anyone who wants to make new parts for our wedges, unfortunately this particular badge was used only on cars at the end of the production run which I fear might limit your pool of customers. That being said I'd be tempted to buy one just because they look cool. In a non-stock application they might look nice on the quarter panel in front of the door. I'm curious where did you get that one?

I bought a couple of new ones when I visited a company called Eight Parts (in Tuscon Arizona, but now closed) back in 1994. Having used one I was thinking about what would happen if I need another. There were approx 8600 Solihull cars mainly dropheads so the numbers surviving should be reasonable.

18kperhr Joel B
Portland, OR, USA   USA
Hello Brian,
I would be willing to sign up for 2.

Thank you for your efforts.
Joel

Rover827 Avatar
Rover827 Rich Truett
Berkley, MI, USA   USA
1979 Triumph TR7 "Haggis"
1981 Triumph TR8
1982 Triumph TR8
Brian:

I need to order one of your 1981 TR8 EFi labels.

How do I buy one?

And I will commit to two badges -- provided the quality is equal to the original.

Richard Truett

Richard

I am not interested in a poor Chinese copy which is why " I am in discussion with a manufacturer in Birmingham (England) that has been making badges for cars since the 19th century" They will cost more than a quick copy but will last.
PM me or use my email below for decals, stickers and labels - I will see how much one of these costs to post to the USA as our postal service deems it a "large" letter due to the size. I also need to put a piece of card in to prevent creasing! Do you need any of the other labels as I started this whole project as I needed 9 for my own car!

Brian

2TRV8s Avatar
2TRV8s Gareth Pierce
Wrexham, UK   GBR
Hi Brian,

I have been after one of these bonnet badges for a while as mine has started lifting off the backing, so I'd definitely be in the
market for one please.

Gareth Pierce

gmcfry Gerald McFry
Rome, GA, USA   USA
I need one of those badges for my TR8! Put me on the definitely buy one and let me know when they're available!

Gerald McFry

Ron Avery Avatar
Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, CA, USA   USA
I would purchase 2@$75 and 2 @$100. I think having an extra is a good idea. And I have always thought it would look great on my TR 8. My car currently only has the trunk decals nothing on the fenders nothing on the nose.
And thanks for all of your work.

Ron
1972 GT 6 MK 3
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

I spoke with Rimmer Brothers yesterday and though their website says "Enamel Badge - Self Adhesive - Triumph Laurel Wreath - Pending Manufacture- XKC3902"

it was confirmed to me that they are NOT pending manufacture at present. They did say they would be interested in buying several !

So all being well these should become available soon.

I am due to meet with the badge makers this Friday morning and will post an update soon after.

I was kindly given an old badge to use as a sample of how it was made as I did not want to destroy my original new badge - bought from Rovers West Eightparts Arizona when I called in there back in 1996!

Attachments:
IMG_1311[1].JPG    42.9 KB
IMG_1311[1].JPG

Andrew1966 Andrew Ward
Abbotsford, BC, Canada   CAN
I live in Vancouver Canada. We have a shop here called Octagon Motors that specialize with MG and Triumph. I got three of these badges. I sold one to a friend put one on my car and I still have a spare. Dont know if they are originals but I cant tell so they could be..

oliviertr7 Avatar
oliviertr7 Olivier Addes
Pezenas, Hérault, France   FRA
1978 Triumph TR7 "Triumph TR7"
Hello ANDREW
do you still have these badges, if so at what price?
would you have a photo?

a very good day to all

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster