AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mrobin Avatar
mrobin michael robinson
hendersonville, NC, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB
1990 MG Maestro
It's currently on Ebay and it looks nice. However the seller has 0 feedback, and I think I saw this for sale a couple months ago somewhere. Anyone familiar with it ?

thanks
mike

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
tr7.jpg    9.3 KB
tr7.jpg

TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1977 Triumph TR7 "Rally Fraud"
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
Its been on Craigslist Albany NY for at least the last year. There has been a similar red one in Northwest Ct for well over 2 years. Price listed on the green one jumps all over between $5K and $7500. The red one seems firm at $6800. Looks clean, but I'm guessing it would need a complete going over. Clean low mileage TR7s are usually clean low mileage examples because they have had a long history of mechanical problems. Find a nice higher mileage, enthusiast owned, well driven example for half the price and enjoy it. Oh, and if you can find one, a later 5 speed version would be a much better choice.

mrobin Avatar
mrobin michael robinson
hendersonville, NC, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB
1990 MG Maestro
Thanks Todd. I knew I saw it before. I already had a 80 TR7 and a TR8, so I'm familiar with them and I know the later year models are better. For some strange reason I really want a coupe, and they seem harder to find.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Mr. Nuts Avatar
Mr. Nuts Peter N
Tucumcari, NM, USA   USA
Here's a (DOM May 1979) TR7 I'd sell. Arizona body, never had any rust, straight body all original body panels. Interior is original and NOS, looks really nice. Buick 231 V6, 200R4 trans, 3:45 rear end, every system replaced or rebuilt, new paint, etc......….and ready to drive anywhere. Right now it's in Tampa FL area, soon to be back in NM.

Rover827 Avatar
Rover827 Rich Truett
Berkley, MI, USA   USA
1979 Triumph TR7 "Haggis"
1981 Triumph TR8
1982 Triumph TR8
A Canley coupe. Pretty rare.
I have a Dec. 78 Canley Coupe.

Auto8 Silver Member John R.
Chesapeake, VA, USA   USA
Peter - PM sent.

tr8 Avatar
tr8 Paul m
ottawa, ON, Canada   CAN
Peter, is the white car in the garage an 8? Are you in Tampa area?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-18 10:00 PM by tr8.

Az7fan Avatar
Az7fan Paul Dorman
Tempe, AZ, USA   USA
I like the dark trim on the sides.....

JonD Avatar
JonD Jon Distefano
Syracuse, NY, USA   USA
I'm with you Michael, I love the couple. I have a 76 that is decent driver quality. I know it's nowhere near you but can across this one on craigslist in Detroit.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/d/1975-triumph-tr7/6794036078.html

As for the pictured, more of the same, it has been on craigslist on and off for a year or so in New England

Jon

JonD Avatar
JonD Jon Distefano
Syracuse, NY, USA   USA
The V6 swap has me intrigued, have suggestions on part sourcing? Performance? And the use of a manual transmission?

Thanks,
Jon

TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
The green car has also been on craigslist marketplace for $5K. Its listed under a girls name and also listed by a shop of some sort. I viewed the profile of the girl and she doesn't look like an enthusiast. At least not a TR7 enthusiast.

sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
That's about where a good, clean TR7 driver(coupe or conv) seems to fall these days, around $3,000 plus or minus. The funny thing is, that's about where they were twenty years ago. This makes me think they're not worth much more than their transportation value.

TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
The original green car in this post just popped back up on Facebook for get this, $8400. Currently three different listings on FB with 3 different prices. Newest listing has it sitting in a driveway with snow around it. Kind of makes me think somebody is doubling down here. Seen it work before with wedges. We see a car that looks really nice, but we know its nice beacuse its been a problem child all its life and just sat. Then the price for it goes to some crazy high price, and some idiot investor type thinks they are getting a car that will escalate in price rapidly. Remember that low mileage orange TR7 convertible a few years ago? Wonder whos stuck with that thing now. I have a green TR8 convertible that has 26,000 miles. It was sold new in 1983 after sitting on the lot and getting hail damage. Was taken off the road in 86. I've had it for 12? years and its never seen the road other than a few blasts up the street. Someday when I'm gone, somebody is going to think they got a museum piece. Sucker!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster