Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tr8 Avatar
tr8 Paul m
ottawa, ON, Canada   CAN
Hi Bob Berg Do you get out to any club or shows? I'm in Seminole in the winter and go to some local shows but never saw your car, very nice.

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
Vincent,

Like most car guys we have a tendency to drift off topic. Getting back to your original question, machine shops seem to be getting harder and harder to find, I'm trying to find someone close to me to do the motor in my Austin-Healey, it weighs over 600lbs so the closer the better. You might try to Google hot rod clubs in your area, some of their hot rod builds run north of $200,000 so I'm guessing they're pretty demanding when it comes to quality machine work.

Yes No Thank
GeorgiaTR Scott Holton
Peachtree Corners, GA, USA   USA
As a new member I would like to add my experience to the discussion,. We raced a TR7 in SCCA for 12 years. I have dyno sheets showing between 116 and 120 hp to the rear wheels at 6800 RPM with an Improved Touring engine. The rules limited us to 1 inch gasket match and original carbs. Used a TriumphTune fast road cam, flat top pistons out of Australia, and long exhaust headers also from TriumphTune and lots of other stuff. Using the 'rule of thumb' of 20% loss in power through the drive train, we had 150 hp at the flywheel. We were highly competitive in ITB in the Southeast. Built my last TR7 engine about 3 years ago with a custom cam grind and full port and polish.

Yes No Thank

To reply or ask your own question:

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster