AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
Glace Bay, NS, Canada   CAN
1973 Triumph TR6 "Little Red"
In reply to # 1593078 by tennee9899 Any suggestions about where to find parts, help, info, etc is appraciated.

Congrats and welcome. You just found the only answer you need to know. Whatever pops-up; all you need to do is ask --- I guarantee you there are more answers here than you have questions. Parts? There are more suppliers than you need to do a frame-up restoration --- even if you need the frame! Again, all you have to do is ask.

So, once you and your sons get to tearing into it, feel free to ask --- the answer will be there before you can clean your wrenches . . . .

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
71TR6Greer Avatar
71TR6Greer Jeff Sholl
Greer, SC, USA   USA
1971 Triumph TR6 "Mid Life Crises II"
Congratulations on your recent purchase and welcome to the group. I use the following as my primary suppliers for my 71. The Roadster Factory, Moss, Victoria British and British Auto Salvage ( ben@britishautosalvage.com ). Get yourself some good shop manuals as well. You can get free catalogs from the 3 suppliers but you'll need to email Ben at the auto salvage, he's excellent at returning your emails. Good luck on your endeavours.

Attachments:
50250789_10213175157590075_2614160659645988864_o.jpg    58.1 KB
50250789_10213175157590075_2614160659645988864_o.jpg

tennee9899 Russell Crouch
Brentwood, TN, USA   USA
I just bought a 1971 TR6 with (tum) 50,600 miles that needs a little work. I'm looking forward to wrenching on it with my 2 younger sons over the next few months to get it in good shape. I suspect I will come to this forum looking for advice on a regular basis.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Brentwood, TN, USA   USA
Thx much! I didn't realize that the posts are most recent at the end.

MSGGrunt Avatar
MSGGrunt David Horn
Orange, MA, USA   USA
Finished the upholstering the passenger's Miata seat with a kit from Mr. Mikes. Top quality. The material I chose was the Mercedes Palomino. The plastic pieces were painted with SEM Color Coat in Camel.

1969 TR6, Cali Car.
1986 BMW E30 325E, Cali Car
1989 BMW E30 325Ix, PA Car
1989 Volvo 240 sedan, North Carolina Car
1990 Volvo 240 sedan, Texas Car
1993 Volvo 240 wagon, New Hampshire Car
2015 Volvo XC60

Attachments:
IMG_0178.jpg    40.7 KB
IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg    33.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Brentwood, TN, USA   USA
My car is on the truck, should be delivered to my home tomorrow (Friday). Get excited! Now, I will start buying tools needed, a manual or two, and decide where to start on the refurbishment. But, I'l probably drive it a few miles before I start actually doing any work.

KennyMac Avatar
KennyMac Kenneth McIntire
Woodstock, GA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1594103 by MSGGrunt Finished the upholstering the passenger's Miata seat with a kit from Mr. Mikes. Top quality. The material I chose was the Mercedes Palomino. The plastic pieces were painted with SEM Color Coat in Camel.

Very nice! I too did a Mr Mike's update on my seats. Awesome kit.

KennyMac Avatar
KennyMac Kenneth McIntire
Woodstock, GA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1594915 by tennee9899 My car is on the truck, should be delivered to my home tomorrow (Friday). Get excited! Now, I will start buying tools needed, a manual or two, and decide where to start on the refurbishment. But, I'l probably drive it a few miles before I start actually doing any work.

WOOT! Before you start wearing out your credit card, do a basic fluids check and then get your baby out on the road. Do a mixed loop of "stop-n-go" and "deserted country road" driving. That will tell you where to concentrate your first efforts: cosmetics or mechanical.

Brentwood, TN, USA   USA
Thx much, good advice. As soon as the rain stops this weekend, I'll get it out!

Safari Avatar
Safari Jim C
New Orleans, LA, USA   USA
Ready for drive your Triumph Day.

Thanks Jim

1957 TR3
1958 MGA
1976 TR6
1963 Austin Healey BJ7
1967 Mustang GTA
2005 Lotus Elise
2013 MINI Roadster R59

Toot Avatar
Toot John T
Northbrook, IL, USA   USA
Don’t feel bad. I also wasted two blank ignition keys and the key grinding charges. Finally ordered new ignition lock with two keys. It was a major PIA! For some reason that I don’t understand, current key grinding equipment cannot handle TR keys.

Murphyr2murphy Avatar
Murphyr2murphy Silver Member Randall Murphy
Glendora, CA, USA   USA
1954 MG TF
1975 Triumph TR6 "Resurrection"
Need to find industrial key shop. I had keys made with blanks ordered from Moss at a place in San Dimas ca. Worked great. Today I dropped off the new under dash and body wiring harness to my mechanic for installation. The drive over was pleasant.

Murphyr2murphy Avatar
Glendora, CA, USA   USA
1954 MG TF
Need to find industrial key shop. I had keys made with blanks ordered from Moss at a place in San Dimas ca. Worked great. Today I dropped off the new under dash and body wiring harness to my mechanic for installation. The drive over was pleasant.

Toot Avatar
Toot John T
Northbrook, IL, USA   USA
If the shop was recommended through Moss Motors then one could be assured. However, I tried several professional key shops. They all said they could make a key from blanks. ... They failed. I bought a new ignition lock and all is good.

Murphyr2murphy Avatar
Glendora, CA, USA   USA
1954 MG TF
Not recommended by Moss. Found myself. Sanders lock and key. 909 599-2030. They can tell you what kind of place u need to go to. Your Home Depot or shoe store plus keys made type of key cutter doesn’t work. Keys are also two sided.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster