Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

nync Avatar
nync Glenn Meteer
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
Steve, I suggest you use the search function at the top of the page. Check out PDWA and there are many posts about this issue.

In reply to # 1601237 by easauto I replaced the brake switch on the brake pressure differential that had brake fluid coming up thru it. The new one is doing the same thing?? Anybody have this issue?

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
Hawkmonster Avatar
Hawkmonster Joe Policastro
Flagstaff, AZ, USA   USA
Robert the issue is in the PDWA? It is not centering which is causing the light to go on. Suggest you reread the manual on how to repair it. As I remember, I believe there is caution or some info in there about this.

Yes No Thank
tennee9899 Russell Crouch
Brentwood, TN, USA   USA
I took about an hour yesterday to get under, around and into the engine compartment just to look it all over. Found a loose connection and took forever trying to figure out what it was. Finally, decided it was the vacuum advance hose and it was NOT connected to the carb. Took photos, asked an expert at church last night, and he confirmed my thoughts and noted that the small connector to the carb was missing as the threads were clearly visible in the photos I took. Got home, went to Moss online, ordered the part and look forward to fixing this small item. And I discovered that the rust is really not that bad. I'll have to replace floor pans and there is a small bubble on the driver side rear fender that will require attention. Link to the vacuum advance part: https://mossmotors.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=365-315

Yes No Thank
Wire wheel guy Jim Smith
Baton Rouge, LA, USA   USA
A great milestone for me yesterday that was as rewarding as the day I bolted the body back to the frame.
I finished the inside wiring with my AAW harness and installed my dash and instruments. Now it is starting to look like a car again and providing fresh excitement for my restoration.

Attachments:
6F01D8E3-5863-4EB6-9FCF-0DAF3FC474E3.jpeg    60.2 KB
6F01D8E3-5863-4EB6-9FCF-0DAF3FC474E3.jpeg

+2 Yes No Thank
Thunderinjp Avatar
Thunderinjp John Inch
Sydney, NS, Canada   CAN
1973 Triumph TR6 "Little Red"
Love the look, Jim. Almost exactly what my plans include, except I'm going with magenta gauges. Cool ignition location too --- much more practical. A/C is a nice touch too . . .

Yes No Thank
tennee9899 Russell Crouch
Brentwood, TN, USA   USA
That dashboard set up is beautiful! Quite impressive.

Yes No Thank
Hawkmonster Avatar
Hawkmonster Joe Policastro
Flagstaff, AZ, USA   USA
Amazing dash. What a visual improvement to the OEM one. How did you get the tan on the part that is OEM black?

Curious are you going with a wood to match the dash or a stock steering wheel?

Great job.

Joe

Yes No Thank
Wire wheel guy Jim Smith
Baton Rouge, LA, USA   USA
Thanks! I had the crash pads and the radio console upholstered using the same vinyl that Mr. Mike and Bob Danielson used for my Miata seats and the interior panels. I just ordered additional and took it to a very talented local car upholsterer.
You might notice that when I moved my ignition over to the heater plynth, I fiberglassed the driver’s side lowercrash pad to do away with the curve. All of the crash pads and radio console were done using double stitching. You might have to zoom in to see it in the pictures, but it really stands out in person.
Carl Viser made my wooden dash out of rosewood. He makes a beautiful dash and sells them on eBay. He furnished me with a little extra veneer to do the center plynth where I put billet buttons instead of the pull knobs. They accommodate my AC, which has heat and replaces the original heater, so no knobs. Since I have Rick Patton’s TBI fuel injection, I did not need the choke either. I had to add relays to my new AAW wiring harness for those switches.
I have three new steering wheels, all wood and I have not made my choice which one to use. I am leaning toward my new moto lita one that is thicker than standard and really feels comfortable, but a little lighter than the dash. I am told that having mismatched wood is acceptable, but maybe I’ll mount them individually and post pictures of each on the car for a vote.
Thanks for the interest.
Jim

Yes No Thank
Fogspawn, CA, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Machine"
I have mentioned before how fine this work is... and doubly good that for all your
enhancement you appear to be keeping the engine/drivetrain, or at least the engine...I can't quite see on the gearbox...
now just keep the weather off the interior... I wish I had the focus and time for such.
w

Yes No Thank
YTJOHN Avatar
YTJOHN Silver Member John F
Yorktown, NY, USA   USA
Even if I didn't like the looks of your new dash (which I do) I'd have to love it anyway for the relocated ignition key. Is that a Toyota 5 speed peeping out under the dash?

Yes No Thank
Drjamesmetz Avatar
Drjamesmetz Silver Member Jim Metz
Columbus, OH, USA   USA
Almost ready to put It back together!!! Eager to get it done.

Bought my TR new in 1970. While in Germany, I stripped the PI off a wrecked TR. Just did a rebuild on the engine with new PI pump, injectors, and metering system, rebuilt overdrive unit, rear end and all suspension.

It will be near showroom but making it a driver! This is going to be fun...might even smell new!

Jim

Attachments:
90E96442-B25E-4BF4-B026-A11B8338CEB9.jpeg    62 KB
90E96442-B25E-4BF4-B026-A11B8338CEB9.jpeg

209474C8-F0D0-4C22-BAF1-1E1E317ABAF4.jpeg    65.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Yes No Thank
Rex A Lott Avatar
Rex A Lott Steve Kincaid
Newcastle, WA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR6 "Trix"
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” -Lao Tzu
“Dude, it’s more like 2000 miles if you keep going two steps foreword and one step back!” -Lousy me.

My lovely painted, timed, and finally assembled engine. I get so much help from TrExp. Thank you everyone. Getting closer to living the dream.

Oh, today I timed the engine and installed timing gears, cover, etc.

I’m not a fan of stock black paint. I chose a silver called “cast iron” which is just a shiny Med silver with a little flake in it.

Attachments:
6BE04CA1-AF18-4538-BB17-7DC2DF02DC0A.jpeg    58.5 KB
6BE04CA1-AF18-4538-BB17-7DC2DF02DC0A.jpeg

6A47AAED-CE91-4A66-9500-A8B62094EC3A.jpeg    55.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Yes No Thank
Fogspawn, CA, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Machine"
nice, it will turn black in time all by itself...
at least you will easily see where the oil
comes from. don’t be upset, “if it doesn’t leak,
it can’t be running. it Is a nice color.
w

Yes No Thank
j007 Avatar
j007 Joseph M
Madison, OH, USA   USA
I installed tunnel gear box cover and e brake cover , now to get carpeting in and seats, getting ready for test drive after engine rebuild, gear box overhaul and new front suspension rebuild. I didn't get to drive it last summer, looking forward to nice evening drives this year.

Joe
73 Triumph TR6

Yes No Thank
Sailorguy John Perry
Stonington, CT, USA   USA
Congratulations. Just curious, which supplier did you decide to get your cover from? I am looking to do the same project shortly.

Yes No Thank

To reply or ask your own question:

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster