Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Krom Avatar
Krom Paul K
San Rafael, CA, USA   USA
Gave the Six a bit of exercise through West Marin and up to Sonoma wine country.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
58FC790E-6F10-49F8-A9CD-2AF2049D2AF1.jpeg    40.6 KB
58FC790E-6F10-49F8-A9CD-2AF2049D2AF1.jpeg

Fogspawn, CA, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Machine"
you wore woolens? Seems to haver been nippy
outside today.

cobrapatrol Avatar
cobrapatrol Gold Member Jim Harris
Quartz Hill, CA, USA   USA
I splashed around in the rain down to the coast and back for "Drive Your Triumph Day". Lovely kind of weather and a really fun drive. The TR6 was magnificent.

Jim Harris
Quartz Hill, CA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Murphyr2murphy Avatar
Murphyr2murphy Silver Member Randall Murphy
Glendora, CA, USA   USA
1954 MG TF
1975 Triumph TR6 "Resurrection"
Ouch. Rain shall not my triumph touch.

DeepSix Avatar
DeepSix Silver Member Paul Vovk
Omaha, NE, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "DeepSix"
Did nothing with my TR6 for over a month. Been too cold. New paint by spring but may be early summer at this rate.

Attachments:
D6E39EC2-A969-41DF-875F-E8812DA694A1.jpeg    46.1 KB
D6E39EC2-A969-41DF-875F-E8812DA694A1.jpeg

Fortunateson Lawrence Clayton
New Westminster, BC, Canada   CAN
Wow, I thought I was the only one that used a Triumph shelving unit!

Drjamesmetz Avatar
Drjamesmetz Silver Member Jim Metz
Columbus, OH, USA   USA
Today was a great day for my TR 6! Got the frame repaired. If anyone out there needs frame restoration, I found the guy...Rod Farris, owner of Farris Fame here in Columbus. This guy knows the TR 6 inside and out. He has driven and owned 2.

The Moss trailing arms fit better than Roadster Factory. I bought both.

I am just so happy to have found a person who can and would do a first clas job!!

Yahoo!

Farris Frame - (740) 927-2299

It is a great day...owned my TR 6 since new in 1970.

Jim

Attachments:
263312C7-8300-4DBA-B055-78EAF0651D59.jpeg    64 KB
263312C7-8300-4DBA-B055-78EAF0651D59.jpeg

Doctorfloss Robert K
Westerville, OH, USA   USA
1975 Triumph TR6 "Luna" ~ For Sale ! ~
I’m removing all the interior panels and seats and reconditioning the carpeting. Also using the spray “colorbond” to rejuvenate” the leather and vinyl surfaces. Actually looks nice so far!!
Also took top off to “dress”.

Attachments:
2E4DAEB0-563C-4E23-B115-D7918F8D1E6A.jpeg    40.7 KB
2E4DAEB0-563C-4E23-B115-D7918F8D1E6A.jpeg

27AC3414-145A-494B-AB6B-5D96D40FD319.jpeg    39.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
FFD92468-0374-49CB-9448-609666F67260.jpeg    59.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Carolina 72MGB Avatar
Carolina 72MGB eric henningsen
Sarasota, FL, USA   USA
Installed rebuilt carbs today. Had Poolboy do the rebuild and they came out great. Car is running much better and idling smoother. Highly recommended!

1975 Triumph TR6

Krom Avatar
Krom Paul K
San Rafael, CA, USA   USA
Cylinder head odyssey began about a year ago after connecting with a nice fellow offering parts in the East Bay. Bought a used TR250/6 cylinder head as a rebuildable core, along with some good words about a machinist who might be able and willing to do good work. As my trusted machinist from years ago had retired and sold off his shop and equipment, I had been wondering who might be available to take on the work. After a brief conversation, I dropped off the cylinder head, assuring the man I wasn't in a hurry as my car has been very much on the road. Stopped by the shop today and had the pleasure of watch the final angles being cut in the valve seats, the preliminary and final surfacing, cleaning and final assembly. Drove home with a gorgeous rebuilt head. All I need now is the rash initiative to lay up a perfectly performing TR6 with the intention of removing battery, intake, exhaust, cylinder head, draining fluids, buying gaskets and reassembly. Did I mention how much fun it is working the wrenches around those Falcon headers? Maybe that project can wait a bit. cool smiley

Attachments:
Six Head.JPG    46.6 KB
Six Head.JPG

Toot Avatar
Toot John T
Northbrook, IL, USA   USA
I can’t explain the physics, but after sending my headers to Jet-Hot the engine compartment stayed cooler. They do a great job for a reasonable cost. Plan to use again on my TR6.
Toot
73 TR6
60 Morgan Plus 4
70 Volvo 1800

Uberxy Avatar
Uberxy Steve Fox
Va, Charlottesville, USA   USA
In reply to # 1597075 by Toot I can’t explain the physics, but after sending my headers to Jet-Hot the engine compartment stayed cooler. They do a great job for a reasonable cost. Plan to use again on my TR6.
Toot
73 TR6
60 Morgan Plus 4
70 Volvo 1800

Yes, my experience has been a significant reduction in radiant heat with Jet Hot. Well worth the money.

SR
73 TR6
86 930

Florida Tr6 George L
Cape Coral, FL, USA   USA
Not today, but last week, I installed an aluminum radiator.
Took that 6 pounds of fan and hub off my crankshaft. What a difference!
I also installed a bypass switch, so I can run he electric fan manually. As long as the key is in the "on" position.
I never would have believed how much more my car accelerates now.
I didn't expect that. My old radiator was 44 years old, and I was having problems with overheating, since I live in Florida, and have 10.5 compression ratio now.
My heater had a leak in the core, so I bypassed it many years ago. "We don't need heat here in Florida."
So, I removed the heater pull cable from the dash? and installed a nice looking switch with a chrome handle in its place to run the fan in bypass.
It's handy for stopping at lights. I start the fan as I'm slowing down, before the fan thermostat kicks in at 180f or so.
This gives me a jump on cooling it down.

tennee9899 Russell Crouch
Brentwood, TN, USA   USA
Took my 1971 TR6 out for it's maiden drive Saturday, 1st day of no rain and not freezing. I discovered: All gauges work except the speedo/odometer, no clue of actual mileage. Clutch engages about 1 millimeter from the floor, brakes work (mostly), and the engine runs pretty rough. Steering has a good bit of play in it and the horn doesn't work. Discovered rust holes in the floor board on the drivers side, imagine I'll find the same on the passenger side. Found duct tape on the top right corner of the gas tank. I had a few thoughts. 1. Man, what have I gotten myself into? 2. This will be a good project for my 2 younger sons and I to work on over the summer. 3. It was a blast to drive and I'll be glad after we've replaced most of the cars components and get her looking/running well again. My goal is to get it all done over the next 2 summers, before my 2nd son leaves for college.

Florida Tr6 George L
Cape Coral, FL, USA   USA
Also, I installed a set of Panasport 6" wheels two weeks ago.
They look nice, and are 6 pounds lighter than the original steel wheels.
I weighed them.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links