Treating the fabric top

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

esmith Ed Smith
Knoxville, Tenn, USA   USA
I spent a good part of Monday afternoon getting my TR6 ready for the spring driving season. Part of this time involved cleaning and treating my fabric top which is tan in color. I first cleaned the top completely with some mild car washing soap and a soft brush, rinsed it off and let it dry over night. Yesterday in the PM I treated the top with 3M scotch guard for automotive fabrics, I am very pleased with the result, the only change is that the color is back to new. The top had only been on for a year but it was starting to fade a little. There were a few spots on the top on which I used a product call Magic Eraser by Mr Clean. It is the size of a small sponge, white in color. A small drip of soap on the spot and use the eraser on the spot and it was gone , like a pencil eraser. It will take 1 and a 1/3 cans to do the job. I hopes this helps.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
What fabric do you have? Is this vinyl or something else?

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L Once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

esmith Ed Smith
Knoxville, Tenn, USA   USA
It is a cloth top I purchased from Moss.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster