AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

cal1973 Avatar
cal1973 John M
Glendora, CA, USA   USA
Greetings all,
Has anyone had any experience with the Roadster Factory Investment Program?
Any information will be greatly appreciated.
John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
relaxingeorge Avatar
relaxingeorge George W
S amboy, NJ, USA   USA
John don't know off anyone. However I am also curious about the program. Seems like a win win opportunity.

StephenG Stephen Gordon
Tustin, CA, USA   USA
I invested with them last year. Think it is a great. I get an interest check every month and a discount on parts. Better return than any bank.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Gypsy Rose T..."
IF I had the cash available, I would...
Scott

maddmapper Avatar
maddmapper Ken Prentice
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
Interesting. Anyone know if it is available to Canadians?

elmofritty Stephen R
John, I have been in the program for over ten years and not once has there been any problems. Charles is an honorable man. I have nothing but praise for Charles and The Roadster Factory. Steve.

Fictioneer Avatar
Fictioneer Doug Hirt
Colorado Springs, CO, USA   USA
In reply to # 1379632 by elmofritty John, I have been in the program for over ten years and not once has there been any problems. Charles is an honorable man. I have nothing but praise for Charles and The Roadster Factory. Steve.

I've been watching this program since it started. Wish I'd taken a chance on it years ago! Every year I think about joining up.
Doug

"Mr. Filby, do you think he'll ever return?"
"One cannot choose but wonder. You see . . . he has all the time in the world!"

clifish Avatar
clifish Cliff Deger
St. James, NY, USA   USA
Given the current stock market outlook and this seems to have a good track record..I am going to look into a $5G commitment....the 33% discount also is a nice "kick" as well.

74 TR6 - Carbs by POOLBOY
81 Corvette

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
I've been in it for 3 years and always get my dividend check every month without fail. The discount is OK too but I've been restoring my GT6 and RF isn't a great source for parts but I do order parts for my TR250 mostly through them. In another 2 years I may just re-invest my original contribution. The banks can't come close to the interest rate.

gfe05111952 Avatar
gfe05111952 George Earwaker
Falls Church, VA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1379753 by Bpt70gt The banks can't come close to the interest rate.

You can say that again! I've thought about investing with TRF (Charles), as well. For those who have invested, were there any tax implications that one may not have considered? For instance, TRF, being located in PA, were you now subjected to paying PA state income tax? Any other issues?

George
1967 Triumph GT6
1967 Triumph Spitfire4 Mk2
1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk3

clifish Avatar
clifish Cliff Deger
St. James, NY, USA   USA
that is an interesting question, I would think you would be subject to your own states taxes...although is it treated as ordinary income or capital gains? I am thinking ordinary income as it is a "loan" rather than a stock.....any bean counters out there wanting to weigh in?

74 TR6 - Carbs by POOLBOY
81 Corvette

gfe05111952 Avatar
gfe05111952 George Earwaker
Falls Church, VA, USA   USA
My question, with regard to state income tax, was purely "for instance". I would expect to receive a 1099-Int from TRF, and nothing more. As a VA resident, I wouldn't expect to have to pay PA tax on my earnings from TRF. Thus my question about "unexpected implications".

George
1967 Triumph GT6
1967 Triumph Spitfire4 Mk2
1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk3

arcom Avatar
arcom Josh W
New Bern, NC, USA   USA
PA has a flat rate tax of 3.07%, but unlike interest on a bond investment there is an exemption for :

Interest derived from assets employed as working capital in a business and from accounts and notes receivable from sales of products or services sold in the ordinary course of business that the taxpayer or reporting entity includes in determining net profit or loss from its business, profession or farm.

Which the Roadster Factory program might qualify. I'm sure they would be able to answer that.

cal1973 Avatar
cal1973 John M
Glendora, CA, USA   USA
Very cool. Thanks to everyone for your input. I am going to take a chance and invest.
I get less than one percent from my bank and my money just sits there.
That's nuts.

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
You won't regret it I think. Got my dividend check today--like clock work.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster