Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
TRExp

TR6 Tech Forum

Inner door fuzzy window seal. Which is original?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jtorral Jorge Torralba
West Linn, OR, USA   USA
Ok, I have a 76 TR6 ordered the inner fuzzy door seals from TRF. Arrived perfect as expected. They have the chrome metal edge that shows along the top edge of the seal when installed on the door. I ruined one of them trying to get it installed so I ordered some from BPnorthwest since they are just a few miles away and what ever they ship I always get the next day. However, there is a big difference between the parts from both companies. The ones from BPNW have no chrome edge on the exposed edge and actually look a bit flimsy compared to the ones from TRF. Now I don't know which style was original Chrome edge or not. Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
YankeeTR5 Dan M
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
The inner seals I've used have the stainless with felt. I like BPNW, but I'd go w/the better part (TRF in this case).

barcalude Dave B
Baldwinsville, NY, USA   USA
Both will obviously work, but TRF is much better quality and more like the OEM part.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ima68tr Tom Fremont
MILFORD, OH, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "Jaqueline The Ripper"
Parts superior to TRF's offerings are exceedingly rare. They have invested in production of many parts no other supplier has undertaken.

I give them all the business I can, as losing them would deal a body blow to our hobby. Not the case with BPNW or even MOSS in my opinion.

Tom

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster