AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Triumphgt6er Avatar
Triumphgt6er Jim Snell
Cave Creek, AZ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Bubbles"
Hi - has anyone ordered a carpet set from BPNW? Have always been pretty happy with the quality of their parts and at 194.00 it's pretty affordable. Be interested in what people think who may have ordered. Thanks!

https://www.bpnorthwest.com/triumph/tr250-tr6/interior/carpet-mats-and-tunnel/carpet-set-black-tr4a-to-tr6.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-27 03:54 PM by Triumphgt6er.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rrtex1 Patrick Isom
Round Rock, TX, USA   USA
Hi Jim,

I cannot speak to the BPNW set but did order mine in Tan from John Skinner and so far am very happy. Would cost slightly more but you can get other than black and others on this forum have like what they received from John.

John Skinner

Desert TR Avatar
Desert TR Jim P
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
Jim,

I went with TRF Wilton wool for my TR4A, so I don't know BPNW, but I will say that is cheap. Not just cheap, but scary cheap. TRF makes their carpets in house and they are currently on sale. That price is $200 less than the tufted nylon and $400 less than the wool sale prices. (Wool was used in TR4A through early TR6) It's also well under the prices Moss is charging. Remember, you tend to get what you pay for. Both TRF and Moss offer multiple colors and TRF has 3 or 4 tans.

Jim

http://trf.zeni.net/TR6-TR250GB/343.php

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=32952

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
008.JPG    51.5 KB
008.JPG

009.JPG    51.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
clifish Avatar
clifish Cliff Deger
St. James, NY, USA   USA
Hi Jim,

I am actually almost finished installing the BPNW set, It was on sale as a black Friday sale for $161 bucks. I like the fact that the under layment is sewn to the carpet. It installed decent over the noico sound deadner I put down. The car is up on the lift or I would post some pics. I ordered new kick panels as mine where really bent. The only part that I did not tackle was the firewall part (#2 on their diagram) that goes around the front of the trans tunnel, very tough to get at. Get yourself some 3M 80 adhesive and try not to glue down unless you have to. Also, check your transmission tunnel and drive shaft tunnel before you start. That is why I did not finish the ds tunnel was destroyed. lastly the snaps female side is very tough to install o the floor carpet.

74 TR6 - Carbs by POOLBOY
81 Corvette

Desert TR Avatar
Desert TR Jim P
Cliff,

I gave you my "Blue Goo" trick. Didn't that help with the female carpet snaps?

Jim

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
I installed a BPNW carpet set in my Spitfire many years ago, It was inexpensive, but fit well and has lasted well.

My toughts were, I drive mostly with the top down, the carpet WILL occasionally get wet, it WILL (I hope) get lots of sun.
If the carpet ever gets smelly or bleached out, I would rather junk it for a new cheap carpet, than feel I need hang on to it because it's GOOD carpet.

If I needed to replace it, I would use the same again.

Desert TR Avatar
Desert TR Jim P
Jim,

In case you didn't see the original post, here is a link to where I talked about the blue goo. Here's a hint I forgot to give Cliff that might have helped. After you press the prongs through the carpet, put the underside piece on and use a needle nose pillars to bend the prongs over just enough to keep the two pieces together. I then used double sided tape to stick a socket to a 4" clamp. Compress the two halves together with the clamp and then you can just use a screw driver to bend the prongs all the way over.

Jim

http://www.triumphexp.com/phorum/read.php?2,1435936,1436124#msg-1436124

Attachments:
009.JPG    54.6 KB
009.JPG

clifish Avatar
clifish Cliff Deger
St. James, NY, USA   USA
In reply to # 1438075 by Desert TR Cliff,

I gave you my "Blue Goo" trick. Didn't that help with the female carpet snaps?

Jim

Yes that was great for marking the placement, I meant the physical part of installing the actual female snap through the carpet.

81 Corvette

clifish Avatar
clifish Cliff Deger
St. James, NY, USA   USA
I used a socket to press it down enough to bend the prong with a small screw driver, then pounded with a hammer to set them in.

81 Corvette

Mikerla Avatar
Mikerla Gold Member Mike Ruoppoli
Pineville, LA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1438065 by clifish Hi Jim,

I am actually almost finished installing the BPNW set, It was on sale as a black Friday sale for $161 bucks. I like the fact that the under layment is sewn to the carpet. It installed decent over the noico sound deadner I put down. The car is up on the lift or I would post some pics. I ordered new kick panels as mine where really bent. The only part that I did not tackle was the firewall part (#2 on their diagram) that goes around the front of the trans tunnel, very tough to get at. Get yourself some 3M 80 adhesive and try not to glue down unless you have to. Also, check your transmission tunnel and drive shaft tunnel before you start. That is why I did not finish the ds tunnel was destroyed. lastly the snaps female side is very tough to install o the floor carpet.

Hey Cliff

What do you think of the BPNW carpet after a year? Any chance of a picture or two?

Thanks,

Mike

72 TR6 - in the process of frame off resto
Planned:
HDVA conversion with R200 and RG's CVC axles
Miata seats

Midgnuts Avatar
Midgnuts Silver Member Dean Webb
Medford,, OR, USA   USA
1955 MG TF 1500
1967 MG MGB GT
1971 MG Midget
1972 MG MGB    & more
Carpeted my TR 6 with TRF carpet set. Requested samples and chose my color. Very pleased with it.
DW

Attachments:
2.jpg    43.9 KB
2.jpg

1.jpg    40.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster