Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jefftriumph Avatar
jefftriumph Jeff F
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
I have a miss on #2 cylinder. Compression is excellent. Carbs are set, all ignition is new. Only misses on #2. I can unplug the plug wire and barely any change to idle??

Help

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
Defective new components are all too common these days. I would start by using an ohmmeter (DMM) to check the wire resistance from the terminal inside the cap to the plug terminal. If that looks OK, try swapping the spark plug. Still no joy, swap the wire.

If that doesn't make it pick up; put back the old cap & wires.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L Once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

GulfTR4 Avatar
GulfTR4 Greg T
St Paul, MN, USA   USA
Did you check to make sure you have spark at the end of wire #2. If not bad wire or bad contact point in cap. If so check the plug. Pull the rocker cover and make sure the intake valve is opening enough to allow for air fuel mixture into the cylinder.

Greg

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jefftriumph Avatar
jefftriumph Jeff F
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
Excellent spark. I haven't pulled the valve cover yet. Guess that's my next step. Thanks for the input.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster