Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

malbaby Avatar
malbaby malcolm baker
kyabram, Australia   AUS
Is the chassis number stamped on the chassis somewhere?
The ID plates are missing.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Vila Avatar
Vila Robert Beers
Mechanicsburg, PA, USA   USA
1933 Chevrolet Master "The 33"
1962 Triumph TR4 "The TR4"
1964 Vespa VNB 125 "The Old Vespa"
1984 BMW 633CSi "The 633"    & more
I am currently restoring a 1962 TR4 and have taken the car down to the bare chassis and have not seen any numbers stamped on parts other than the Commision Number on the Commission plate and the Body Number on the body plate which is a different number. My car is Commission number CT7771L and the body number is 8319CT. The engine number of the TR4 should be within several hundred of the Commission Number, generally the engine number is higher since Triumph supplied the same engines to other auto makers like Morgan, etc.

If you have the body number or you know you have the original engine, you may be able to find the Commission number by ordering a Build Certificate from the "British Motor Heritage Trust". Just do a web search of this organization and I believe the certificates are listed in their store. Cost of the certificate is around 50 - 75 US dollars.

TRroadster Don S
edmonton, AB, Canada   CAN
Look on the frame rail below the fuel pump.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster