Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
TRExp

TR4 & TR4A Forum

1966 Tr4a irs, asking for advice of its approximate value.

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

nicodiaz Roberto Diaz
Oceanside, CA, USA   USA
California TR car owned since 1976, restored 20 years ago. only assembly completed be me. Engine reworked, white with red interior and IKN UK wheels Stripped 100 %,
power coated frame, stainless exhaust, leather/vinyl interior, with alternator and rear lever shocks. Dash board not original. All interior pads new. Front fender turn signals removed but
all parts saved. Car has no convertible top but its metal frame was saved. Body and paint excellent. Has minor oil leaks from oil pan, front and rear drive shaft and transmission shifting oil seal.
Original 90,386 miles. All instruments operational, 1967 radio. Car runs perfect. Hundreds of receipts and notes available. The absent car picture is no different than the many often shown on this site.

Your usually sincere and excellent professional opinion of its market value would be appreciated.

Oceanside, Ca

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Geo Hahn Avatar
Mt Lemmon, AZ, USA   USA
The Hagerty valuation tool puts a Condition 3 at $19,800.

That is a suggested 'insured' or 'replacement' value - I would expect an actual sale to be somewhat less.

Here is where I am looking (if the link works): https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1966-Triumph-TR4A

Absence of a top decreases value, the detailed records are plus, especially if there photos of the car prior to the 1998 restoration & paint.

I take it from how you worded the description that you are not the person who has owned it since 1976. Cars being sold by long-time owners (vs brokers, dealers or recent owners) may command something of a premium as representations are first-hand.

nicodiaz Roberto Diaz
Oceanside, CA, USA   USA
Geo, thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

Yes, I have owned the car since 1976 , but may have to contact state to proves years of ownership.
Also have pictures of disassembled parts, even one of cheap wooden frame intended to
lift bare body, although never used as wife and I easily handled it. (sad smiley:

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
nicodiaz Roberto Diaz
Oceanside, CA, USA   USA
Geo,
The picture of the white TR4A in the website you recommended is the exact color of my mine except I removed the fender
lights, which I still have.

Geo Hahn Avatar
Mt Lemmon, AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 1588048 by nicodiaz Yes, I have owned the car since 1976... Also have pictures of disassembled parts, even one of cheap wooden frame intended to lift bare body...

In my opinion, both those things increase the value to a serious buyer.

A car with that good a story might do best on Bring a Trailer. I have never used that site to sell or buy but when the owner shares the history there it seems to bring out good bidders.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster