AutoShrine Sponsor

JoeOtero Avatar
JoeOtero Joe Otero
Lexington, KY, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR3B "Beatrice"
1971 TVR Vixen
1972 TVR Vixen
2011 BMW Z4 3.0si
In reply to # 1596045 by LeGrande From everything I learned thru posts & pics, I have decided on a course of action. Please give input!

Since the fender matches nicely with the quarter panel and all the way to the tail light, I am going to leave well enough alone and just fab a new flange to mate with the quarter. Just! Ha I've welded a lot, but all 1/8 and up so I'm sure I'll have a learning curve. Welding videos on UT are a hoot!

This was my first ever thread. It was fun and educational. Maybe next I'll start a journal to document to process!

Thanks to everyone
Later,
Leon

Hey Leon.. Good for you on making a decision on how to move forward... For that lower portion of inner rear fender which needs to be patched.. For that check out Johns work posted to the Britishcarforum (page 16 of what he has covered on body work) - http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?102796-Beginning-the-TR2-Bodywork/page16

Awesome work and instruction.. I need to do the same. after I sort out the B-post.. Oh what fun..

Cheers
Joe O

Cheers
Joe Otero
1963 TR3B TCF 1227 - Beatrice

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-11 10:24 PM by JoeOtero.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster