Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

stevenearrichmond Avatar
stevenearrichmond Silver Member Steve Terrell
Mechanicsville, VA, USA   USA
Debating sending my side curtains to TRF for rebuild, or purchasing new ones from Moss. Can anyone offer their experience with either scenario?
Thanks
Steve

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Britnut Avatar
Britnut Randy DeRuiter
Nacogdoches, TX, USA   USA
I have originals redone at TRF and they are great- definitely recommend them if you have decent frames to redo.

GilsTR Silver Member Gil Sissons
NoCal, CA, USA   USA
1960 Triumph TR3A "The Redhead"
From my experience.... TRF.

Gil. NoCal

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
pawpace mike pace
overland park, KS, USA   USA
I sent them my frames and they did a wonderful job. I would recommend.

Mike

RJCox Avatar
RJCox Ronald Cox
Fredericksburg, VA, USA   USA
My dad's cane back and I actually thought he bought brand new.

Good people up there.

parkerg1 Avatar
parkerg1 Gary Parker
Grand Island, Ne., USA   USA
1951 MG TD
1961 Triumph TR3A
1998 BMW Z3
In reply to # 1592305 by pawpace I sent them my frames and they did a wonderful job. I would recommend.

Mike

Gary

Jacad Avatar
Jacad Gold Member Barry Shefner
Montreal, QC, Canada   CAN
1959 Triumph TR3A "Loose Wheels"
1976 Triumph TR6 "The Tweetster"
Ditto on TRF ... they do a great job

Barry
59 TR3A 0TS57675LO - "Loose Wheels"
76 TR6 CF54266U - "The Tweetster"
Website: Triumph TR2-TR3-TR4 www.trtriumph.com/ (sorry for not keeping it current for the past couple of years)

sundude59TR3 Charlie Murphy
Emerald Isle, NC, USA   USA
I bought new from moss and they wouldn’t fit brackets properly ... also doors wouldn’t close ... the mechanic I used is in the process of a return for me ... he couldn’t get them in either.

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
In reply to # 1593056 by sundude59TR3 I bought new from moss and they wouldn’t fit brackets properly ... also doors wouldn’t close ... the mechanic I used is in the process of a return for me ... he couldn’t get them in either.

Did they fit and close before you sent them to TRF?

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

RJCox Avatar
RJCox Ronald Cox
Fredericksburg, VA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1593056 by sundude59TR3 I bought new from moss and they wouldn’t fit brackets properly ... also doors wouldn’t close ... the mechanic I used is in the process of a return for me ... he couldn’t get them in either.

Did you buy them from Moss and have them redone by TRF, or just the new Moss ones did not fit?

sundude59TR3 Charlie Murphy
Emerald Isle, NC, USA   USA
Have not used TRF yet ... have old ones and plan on having them redone ... they seem to fit as they should (which is obvious I guess) ... new moss did not fit and I wasn’t sure how to move brackets plus would fit work properly etc ... I am trying to learn all of the ins & outs of TR and do not have the appropriate knowledge to overcome my frustrations with issues

Jacad Avatar
Jacad Gold Member Barry Shefner
Montreal, QC, Canada   CAN
1959 Triumph TR3A "Loose Wheels"
1976 Triumph TR6 "The Tweetster"
Charlie,

Correctly setting up side curtains is a bit of an art. When correctly fitted, the side curtain front edge should be square with the windscreen stanchion and should fit snugly against it. Any gaps will let water into the interior so getting that fit right is crucial. The other important element is your soft top as you should be able to slip the sides of the top over the top edge of the side curtain. If the top is not well fitted, (much depends on the correct placement of the webbing so that the frame is in the correct position when erect) then you will have issues getting the top overlap to fit and will impede the door closing correctly.

It is always best to first set up a old side curtains and then have them rebuilt, that way if the irons need to be bent or moved then you aren't having to do it to a newly refurbished curtain.

Here are some threads that may be helpful
https://www.triumphexp.com/phorum/read.php?6,922187
https://www.triumphexp.com/phorum/read.php?6,1331809

Barry
59 TR3A 0TS57675LO - "Loose Wheels"
76 TR6 CF54266U - "The Tweetster"
Website: Triumph TR2-TR3-TR4 www.trtriumph.com/ (sorry for not keeping it current for the past couple of years)

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster