Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

6TTR3A Silver Member Frank Conklin
San Diego, CA, USA   USA
Same gauge?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
temp.jpg    33.7 KB
temp.jpg

joemamma Gold Member Robert White
Monroe,NC 28112, USA   USA
Yes same gauge. One is at the sink under the hot water tap.

Jacad Avatar
Jacad Gold Member Barry Shefner
Montreal, QC, Canada   CAN
1959 Triumph TR3A "Loose Wheels"
1976 Triumph TR6 "The Tweetster"
FYI, this is what Nisonger wanted back in late 2016 to rebuild a mechanical Temp Gauge

The cost to rebuild a Mechanical Temperature Gauge is $150 plus shipping. If a replacement Bourdon Tube Assy. is required, the additional charge is $65. To assure that the gauge will function properly for a long period of time, only the original case, face, pointer and bezel will be re-used. All of our rebuilds are calibrated to original factory specifications and are guaranteed for one year. Nisonger has been the sole and exclusive U.S. Warranty and Service Center for Smiths & British Jaeger Instruments since 1949; nobody knows more about these gauges then us! Our current turnaround time is about 2 weeks.

Above assumes that one has a non-working core gauge to send them to rebuild so if it needs the burbon tube, $215 to restore a gauge to original condition by them.

Assuming that the NOS gauge is reading accurately and has not been affected by humidity & corrosion, it should be worth at least that if someone doesn't have a core.

BTW here is another place that will do a temp Gauge repair

Yes, I can repair your gauge. The cost is $155 and includes resoldering the bourdon tube and replacing the capillary line. It usually takes me about 2-3 days to repair it and keep it on test to check for leaks. You can ship your gauge to the following address:

Classic Temp Gauge Repair
1321 Second Street NW
Albuquerque, NM. 87102

Barry
59 TR3A 0TS57675LO - "Loose Wheels"
76 TR6 CF54266U - "The Tweetster"
Website: Triumph TR2-TR3-TR4 www.trtriumph.com/ (sorry for not keeping it current for the past couple of years)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-28 09:07 AM by Jacad.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303048686440?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I listed the Temp Gauge and other Gauges on Ebay. Maybe this will buy me a couple of good qualityTR4a tires!

Attachments:
100_2682.JPG    56 KB
100_2682.JPG

Jacad Avatar
Jacad Gold Member Barry Shefner
Montreal, QC, Canada   CAN
1959 Triumph TR3A "Loose Wheels"
1976 Triumph TR6 "The Tweetster"
Robert,

In your ebay blurb you appear surprised that the Jaeger gauge came in a Smiths box, but in 1927, Smiths acquired the rights to produce Jaeger instrumentation for the British market under license. British Jaeger gauges are essentially re-branded Smiths gauges. https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hsx/2012/06/Smiths-Industries/3713421.html and BTW Nisonger Instruments www.nisonger.com has been the official Smiths sales/service representative in the USA since 1949smiling smiley

Barry
59 TR3A 0TS57675LO - "Loose Wheels"
76 TR6 CF54266U - "The Tweetster"
Website: Triumph TR2-TR3-TR4 www.trtriumph.com/ (sorry for not keeping it current for the past couple of years)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-03 06:39 AM by Jacad.

I did not know that! Thanks.

bltriumph Steve Choquette
Erin, ON, Canada   CAN
went to see some tr3 parts some guy bought a mga and got some tr3 parts he wanted to sell I got there and the parts were okay bought some but I looked over and face down on the concrete floor!!!!! was that a tr3 temp gauge!!!! I pick it up and ask what do you want for this He says $50.oo Canadian= $38usd I go " I'ii have that " looks it over some more, never installed .never used perfect unscratched face !!! I could have kissed his wife

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster