Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

doctorgram Avatar
doctorgram Chester Graham
Modesto, CA, USA   USA
I'm placing all the "dot studs on the car for the tonneaus and the body gut filled in the last one. I'm looking for someone to give me a location via measurement the foremost one on the door.
Thanks in advance

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Geo Hahn Avatar
Mt Lemmon, AZ, USA   USA
You may want to offer some detail on the car (e.g. commission number - at least all but the last 2 digits would work) as the location is not the same throughout the range.

doctorgram Avatar
Modesto, CA, USA   USA
Com# TS26737L

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Jacad Avatar
Jacad Gold Member Barry Shefner
Montreal, QC, Canada   CAN
1959 Triumph TR3A "Loose Wheels"
1976 Triumph TR6 "The Tweetster"
For TS57675

1-1/2" from front of door edge
19-1/2" from bottom of door edge (Holding it flat against the door)
5-7/8" from 2nd Lift-the-dot

Barry
59 TR3A 0TS57675LO - "Loose Wheels"
76 TR6 CF54266U - "The Tweetster"
Website: Triumph TR2-TR3-TR4 www.trtriumph.com/ (sorry for not keeping it current for the past couple of years)

Attachments:
Dot 1.jpg    24.5 KB
Dot 1.jpg

Dot2.jpg    33.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Dot3.jpg    24.4 KB
Dot4.jpg    23.9 KB
doctorgram Avatar
Modesto, CA, USA   USA
thank you soo much!

charleyf Silver Member Charley Fitch
Redding, CA, USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR4
1963 Triumph TR4 "MR.T"
Four years ago The Roadster Factory had a page included in one of their catalogues that showed that the front peg on the door has been located in two different locations. Some cars had that peg at 1&1/2" from the capping while some were at 2". There was no commission number shown for the change . Just that there were two different locations noted. The page also noted that the peg located at the top of the quarter panel behind the door changed at TS41712.
If you already have a tonneau cover purchased you might want to check for the best location for that front peg.
Charley

Jacad Avatar
Jacad Gold Member Barry Shefner
Montreal, QC, Canada   CAN
1959 Triumph TR3A "Loose Wheels"
1976 Triumph TR6 "The Tweetster"
Charley,

I think that this TRF explanation on Lift-the-dot peg locations must be what you are referring to http://trf.zeni.net/wc/specials11.20/index.php?menu=&page=9

Barry
59 TR3A 0TS57675LO - "Loose Wheels"
76 TR6 CF54266U - "The Tweetster"
Website: Triumph TR2-TR3-TR4 www.trtriumph.com/ (sorry for not keeping it current for the past couple of years)

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
And I don't believe that TRF explanation covers all cases. According to it, my TS13571L should have the same stud locations that TS39781LO did; but they are different.

Yes, both cars had/have the original doors; and no signs of the stud holes ever having been moved. But even the door skins are different, since TR3 didn't have exterior door handles, and the 3A had both the handles and plinths stamped into the sheet metal for them.

Also, up to TS28825, the side curtains fit over the LTD studs; while the later ones did not.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L Once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster